1. Preparing before you begin
1-1 Make sure that your computer has the necessary system requirements.
2. Installing and activating Norton AntiVirus
* Windows XP Home Edition/Professional
* Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit) Home basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Business, Starter Edition
* 300 MHz or higher processor
* 256MB RAM
* 180MB of available hard disk space
1-2 Remove any other antivirus programs that you currently have installed.
To remove them, click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove
programs. In the list of current installed programs, click other
antivirus or firewall programs, and then click Remove.
1-3 Make sure that you can connect to the Internet, then close that window.
1-4 Close all open programs on your computer.
2-1 Do one of the following:
If you install from a CD, insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive.
If you downloaded your copy of Norton AntiVirus, double-click the file that you downloaded.
2-2 In the opening panel, click Install Norton AntiVirus.
2-3 Read the License Agreement, type your Product Key if prompted, and then click I Agree.
If you do not accept the License Agreement, you cannot continue the installation.
2-4 In the Installation Options panel, review the options, and then click Next.
2-5 In the Pre-Install Scan panel, click Start Scan.
The scan takes a few minutes.
2-6 In the Installation Confirmation panel, click Next.
2-7 In the Activation panel, wait for the progress bar to stop, and then click Next.
2-8 If the Norton Account panel appears, do one of the following:
* If you currently have a Norton account, complete the Sign in to an existing Norton Account section.
* If you want to create a new Norton Account, complete the Create a Norton Account section.
2-9 Click Next.
2-10 In the Norton AntiVirus Installation Complete panel, review your subscription details, and then click Finish.
2-11 In the Welcome to LiveUpdate panel, click Next to begin checking for the latest product updates.
2-12 On the next LiveUpdate panel, review the list of available updates, and then click Next to begin the updates.
This process takes a few minutes.
2-13 On the final LiveUpdate panel, click Finish.
A system scan begins automatically. When the scan is complete, the Norton AntiVirus main window opens.