2005 hyundai accent 1.6L. car won't start
Hyundai TSB 08-BE-012
1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons, releasing
only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds.
NOTE: Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink buttons.
2. Position the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink mirror,
keeping the HomeLink indicator light in view.
3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired HomeLink button
and the hand held transmitter button.
DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly.
When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. The rapid
flashing indicates successful training and the procedure is complete. This also
indicates that the garage door opener does not use rolling code technology.
Note: The garage door may open or close during this step.
Steps 4 through 7 are only necessary if the HomeLink button appears to be
transmitting after step 3, but the garage door does not operate.
4. Press and hold the trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
If the indicator light is solid/continuous, training is complete and your device should
activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.
If the indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns a solid/continuous light,
proceed with the following training instructions for a rolling code device. A second
person may make the following steps quicker and easier. It is recommended that a
ladder or similar device be used to obtain access to the motor housing. Do not stand
on the vehicle to perform the next steps.
5. At the garage door opener receiver (motor housing) in the garage, locate the “learn”
or “smart” button (usually near the hanging antenna wire attached to the unit). If
there is difficulty locating the training button, refer to the garage door opener’s
6. Press and release the “learn” or “smart” button (the name and color of the button
may vary by manufacturer).
NOTE: Once the button is pressed, there are 30 seconds in which to initiate the
7. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the trained HomeLink button for two
seconds and release. Repeat the “press/hold/release” sequence up to 3 times to
complete the training process. If successful, your garage door should open or close
during this step.
If the vehicle owner continues to have difficulty programming their HomeLink mirror,
please have them contact HomeLink customer service directly at 1-800-355-3515 or
www.homelink.com for further assistance.
Dec 06, 2009 |
2005 Hyundai Accent