Question about Computers & Internet
The laptop might be connected to your wireless router but is unable to connect to the internet
check if you can ping websites
- click on start > Run > type in "cmd" > in the command prompt type in "ping www.yahoo.com"
- if you get 4 replies the problem might be with your browser.
- if Ping fails try typing "ping 22.214.171.124" which is the IP address for www.yahoo.com
- if ping is successful then the issue is with your DNS server. contact your ISP to get alternate DNS
- if Ping fails try pinging the default gateway or modem IP (you can find the default gateway by typing IPCONFIG)
- if ping is successful then there is a problem with your internet provider
Also you should try disabling your firewall and runnning a virus/malware scan
Posted on Mar 30, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 26, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 15, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 21, 2009 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Apr 10, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Jan 09, 2009 | Buffalo Technology WHR-G54S Wireless...
Dec 07, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 01, 2008 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Dec 05, 2007 | Computers & Internet
Sep 26, 2017 | Facebook Computers & Internet
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!