Question about Microwave Ovens

Open Question

I couldn't find Leviton 585 switch. It is discontinued. what can be the substitute for it?

Posted by on


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Will lg microwave handle 3650w1a100b substitute for Kenmore handle 3651w1a0022b?

As I bet you know, 3651W1A022B is the correct original part number for Kenmore (by LG) model 721.80019401 and as I'm sure you know, it has been discontinued, with no other substitutes listed.

You could take the old one and *some* appliance shops will try to visually match it for you to see if it would mount, even if the color or style is different.

You may be able to find an original in "new old stock" at some parts supplier, either locally or online. I would Google the part number, then call them and ask if the part is actually in stock on their shelves.

Some suppliers list them on their Web site, even though they would have to order them, and sometimes you wouldn't be told it is "No Longer Available" until some time after you have placed the order thinking it was available.

Or you may be able to fix yours. I would first wash the broken handle in a dishwasher, then only dry it with compressed air or let it air dry.

Then I would use JB Weld (or something similar) to pack into the broken end. Once it's dry, I would sand it as needed, then drill a new mounting hole for the screw.

Let me know at if I can help further.

Oct 01, 2016 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have an older Amana Radarange Model RMC800E. It is apparently dead, however I opened up the box and found the thermostat on the magnetron to be open. I am trying to find a replacement part, but it has...

Hi Kevin,
Call a local appliance parts house. If you don't have one near by, call Appliance Factory Parts in Denver @ 303-761-1111. They should be able to cross that part for you... BTW...... good trouble shooting!!! PS, you might find that the blower motor is bad after all this..... check it first..... around 9 to 30 ohms??? I haven't metered one in years.....

Oct 09, 2013 | Amana Radarange Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Need a replacement glass tray.what is the part number?i have a MW8158B

Here is a Manufacturer authorized substitution: M0S0885, it looks different then the original which has been discontinued but it should work. I found it on Sears parts direct for $64.99.

Jan 17, 2011 | Emerson MW8168B Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Everything seems to work but not heat

the switch is ok. if it was bad itt would blow the fuse. ge had magnetron problems on the 1600 series. if you have an amprobe and are getting 110 volts from the control to the transformer. place the probe around just 1 wire to the transformer. if you get less than 12 amps replace the mag

May 18, 2009 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave glass tray is broken. It is discontinued.

Yes you will not hurt anthing by not putting on the bottom. One substitution that works extremely well is to find you a plate like they use in regular ovens or anything that is microwavable of that sort. Sears has an excellent selection of microwavable cookware and there is nothing in the rule book that say you canno find you a piece to match the bottom of your microwave. It works either way. Good luck and God bless.

Jan 22, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Runs but wont heat up

Probably magnatron is bad. Best test is to substitute a known good one. There are others but you are in the 4000 volt area of the unit.

Aug 06, 2006 | GE JES1039 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

206 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

79123 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides