Question about Emerson MW8987B/W Microwave Oven
it goes dead or blows the breaker (or GFI) when you plug it in or open or close
the door, then there's a problem with a door switch or door switch
If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Aug 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens
Aug 28, 2007 | Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven
Feb 19, 2013 | GE Profile Spacemaker 1.8 Cu. Ft....
Seems this is only a coincidence and there is no possibility that items on top of the microwave could have caused this malfunctioning.
Make sure that the program controller is working if not check
power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the
door switches, if the switch contact are not good then it will not trigger the
processor to switch on the waveguides. If the lights or fan work without any
display or action of program being triggered to start then it can be a possible
fault on the main board or the processor. Sometimes insect secretion can short
the board and display panel and so the processor can work in such an erratic
manner. If so clean, solder and reset the board. Now identify the parts by
clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html
If there is no heating
please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible
that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main
capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven
and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make
the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. Check this link to
know how a microwave works:
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in
the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use
an jet air to clean off. Check the wave guide covers, if food had deposited
then it must be checked or replaced. See link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html
Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on; use a cup of water
inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Jan 21, 2013 | Hamilton Beach Microwave Ovens
Feb 11, 2011 | Sharp R305KS Microwave Oven
Sep 12, 2009 | Haier MWM10100SS Microwave Oven
Jan 13, 2009 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Sep 01, 2008 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
Jan 14, 2007 | GE JVM1660 Microwave Oven
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: