I have a Power Max 5.8 handset with 4 other satellites. Within the last 2 months, people i talk to on any of the handsets have been complaining that not everything being said is coming through. I tested by calling home and talking, and it appears to start out okay, but with in 10-15 seconds into the phone call, pieces of the conversation start dropping out. To the person on the handset, everything sounds normal. Also, if I call my home number via a cellphone from within the house, everything sounds pretty normal.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Uniden Power Max 5.8 - (TRU8880-2)
1. Disconnect Battery from handset(s)
2. Disconnect Phone Cord from wall jack
3. Disconnect Phone cord from base unit
4. Disconnect AC adapter from wall outlet
5. Allow to sit for 30 min
6. Reconnect Phone Cord to base
7. Reconnect Phone cord to wall jack
8. Reconnect AC Adapter to wall outlet
9. Reconnect Battery to hanset until you click or feel the plug snap into place
10. Re-Register Handset by placing on main base in most instances.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
During an external call:
1. Press <MENU> and <UP/DOWN> to select INTERCOM.
2. Press <OK> to select the desired handset to intercom with.
3. The external call is put on hold automatically and the called handset
4. Press <TALK ON> on the called handset to establish an internal call.
5. Press <TALK OFF> on the calling handset or put the calling handset on the charging cradle to end the current call with the external party.
6. The external call is transferred to the called handset.
I just got off of the phone with Uniden for the same issue with my D1680-4. The alternating "8" - "88" code is an indication that the base is dead. They will be sending me a new base (and 2 handsets). During the call I learned that if you do not have a receipt, Uniden warrants their phones for up to 15 months. The advertised 12 months, plus 3 months for the product to get from manufacturing, through distribution channel and finally sale to the consumer.
If they are not charging the batteries they will need to be replaced, but just to be sure! take a good working battery and switch out for the bad one and if the phone charges, the batteries are no good and proves the phone is good. Now! since your phones are a few months old you may still have warranty, I would encourage you to go back where they were bought to remedy the problem.
To remove the base data from a handset when out of range of the base, press and hold the 'end' button and the '#' button simultaneously until the phone beeps.
It will now be de-registered from the base.
Note: This requires that the base and handset can communicate with each other.
Clear the Base Handset Data To de-register all handsets from the base, remove power to the base, and remove the handset from the base.
Press and hold the 'flash/find hs' button while applying power.
Wait for the beep and release the button.
The charge light will now flash.
Sit any handset in the cradle.
When the flashing stops, re-register the handsets to the base.
Re-Register a Handset to the Base
1. Remove Handset Battery.
2. Reconnect battery while holding down "*" and "#" key.
3. Then press the right upper key under the LCD.
4. Press the "End" key.
5. Wait a few seconds and then the phone will be ready to register to the base.
If you have a speakerphone on the base, try using that to make a call. If you have the same problem there is something fundamentally wrong with the phone. If not, try a new set of batteries in the handset. MAKE SURE you are using the same type of batteries that came with the phone in the first place. Don't let anyone in a tech store tell you 'that should be fine', check on the uniden website if you don't still have the box/manual/original batteries and make sure you get the right ones.
If that still doesn't work, Uniden will repair phones within warranty, send it off to them.
Press and hold a number key (0-9) associated with the speed dial until the phone number appears, and then press talk/flash or speaker on the handset or speaker on the base. The number stored in the speed dial is dialed.
The problem of phone not registering is sorted, I simply put that hand piece(2) into base station and it registered straight away, as for the "out of range" problem, we have not had a long enough call today to know yet , hopefully resetting to factory settings helped.