Is window internet explorer 7 better than firefox explorer. Or is it the other way around. Only my driver download program wants me to change to it and i'm not sure whether to do it
Thanks for your help
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could be a multitude of things without knowing detailed errors, often its to much junk add-ons running in the browser. But I see by the version "8" that your also running an unsupported, non-upgradeable version. You may consider FireFox. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
1. Open Internet Options. From the Start menu, go to Control Panel, then click Network and Internet. 2. Once in Internet Options, click on the Programs tab, then select Set your default programs. 3. In the Programs bar to the left, select Internet Explorer, then click Set this program as default.
Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP with Internet Explorer 7 or 8
1. Open Internet Options. Click the Start button, then click Control Panel, click Network and Internet, and then click Internet Options
2. Select the Program tab. In the Internet Options window, click the Programs tab, then next to where it says "Internet Explorer is not currently the default web browser," click "Make default" For screenshots, please follow the link. Make Internet Explorer Your Default Internet Browser
Uninstall Internet explorer 8 and any .net upgrade which is rescent. Try it now and use internet explorer 7 if it is working ok with downgradeor better goto firefox and download firefox. Other possibility is RAM has failed, if there are two sticks try booting with one stick in theA slot and other removed, alternate the ram sticks to test. If only one ram stick try a similar ram type pc or laptop for ram test, a friend?
You will have to uninstall ( Reset ) Internet Explorer and Reinstall.
To do so :
1. Open Control panel in Classic View 2. Open Add/Remove programs 3. Click on Windows components on left tab 4. from the list - Uncheck Internet Explorer 5. Click ok and restart the PC 6. Open Control panel and Add/remove programs 7. click on winows components 8. Put a Check on Internet Explorer and click ok and restart the PC
You can then download the latest Internet Explorer from Microsoft Website
1. Open Control panel 2. Open Programs and Features 3. From the list chick on Internet Explorer Self Tool 4. Click Change button on top tab 5. Continue with the instructions on screen
OR you can choose Repair option on Tab to Repair any broken coding in Internet Explorer
Pay Microsoft to get it activated as a genuine copy. Or buy legal copy of Windows XP.
Or you may want to take this opportunity to get Windows 7.
First run the windows 7 advisor - click here
Then purchase the OEM version it is cheaper than retail. Do not buy the upgrade version since you have an illegal copy of xp.
Go to microsofts site and search for it. You can download the shole package or install it over the web. You could also run windows update but you may end up with ie8 by doing that. I am not sure if you want that though....
Use Firefox anyway...its way better than any version of ie.