As the TomTom is making beeping sounds, its a good indication that its not a hardware fault, it sounds to me its a software issue.
What you could do is try to reinstall the voices on your device. To do this, follow these steps:-
I presume you have TomTom Home installed already, if not you can download it from http://www.tomtom.com/home
STEP 1 Make a Backup
- Connect your TomTom to the computer and switch it on
- Open TomTom Home
- Click on 'backup and restore' and make a backup if you haven't done so already
Once the backup has been made, please do the following:-
STEP 2 Remove the existing voice files
- Open My Computer, you will see the TomTom as two removable drives, one will be the internal memory and one will be for the SD card slot on the device.
- Click into the Internal memory drive, you should see a whole load of files and folders.
- You should see a folder called LoquendoTTS or Loquendo, click into this folder and delete the contents (all the files and folders inside the loquendo folder)
- Go back to the root directory of the TomTom and delete the folder 'Voices'
STEP 3 Download and Reinstall the voices via TomTom Home
- Go back to TomTom Home
- Click on Add Maps, traffic and Voices
- Select Voices. Loacate the voice of Jane and Tim and add them to your device
- Go back to the main menu of TomTom Home, click on Add Maps, traffic and Voices -> Computer Voices and install the voice of Kate or Simon (UK English computer voices)
- Close TomTom Home and also Close it from the system tray. (in the bottom right hand corner of your screen down by the computer clock, you should see a red icon for TomTom Home, Right click on it and choose 'exit')
STEP 4 Install the Clear Flash Tool from TomTom
- Once Home has closed completely, please download and install the clear flash tool from:- http://www.tomtom.com/updates/clear_flash/clear_flash.exe (Home must be completely closed, otherwise it may not install correctly)
- Accept the license agreement and keep pressing the Next arrow until the clear flash tool has installed.
- Your device will start flashing to say there is some activity on your device
- When your device has finished flashing on the screen (might take a minute), use the 'safely remove hardware' feature of your PC to disconnect the TomTom
- Switch the TomTom off then take it out of the dock.
STEP 5 Test the voices
- Switch the TomTom back on, but not connected to the dock
- Let it load up to the main navigation screen
- Tap onto the menu and tap onto 'Change Preferences -> Voice Preferences'.
- Select a non-computer voice i.e. Jane or Tim and press test. You should now hear the voice instruction
- Try selecting the voice of Kate or Simon i.e. the computer voices, and press test, you should now hear the computer voice.
This should get the voices working again, if not it might be worth giving TomTom Support a call and they can talk you through it.
Hope this works for you