- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you MUST get the tiny paper out of the machine. It will make more jams for sure. If you do not have a manual or someone handy try looking up your printer model on the web for jam clearing advice at the location where the paper ripped. Usually there are numbers. Sorry!
To clear the error message Paper Jam after you removed the jammed paper, open and close the scanner cover.
If you still receive the error message, a small piece of paper may be stuck inside your Brother machine.
Refer the below link for the steps to remove any ripped paper remaining inside your Brother machine:
It is possible that there is a little peice of paper that has ripped off of the sheet that was jammed. Was the sheet whole when you removed it? If not, check the location where the paper was jammed for bits of the last sheet of paper.
Hi Good day!!! Here are some steps to remove paper jam
1. Switch off the printer and disconnect the power supply. Allow any residual charge to fade away before putting your hands on the metal tools inside the chassis.
2. Pin down the exact location of the jam. The three hot spots for a jam are before a sheet completely leaves the paper tray, between the feed tray and the print carriage or between the print carriage and the output tray.
3. Take off the front paper tray. If the sheet jammed around here, you should be able to see most of the paper.
4. Pull on the sheet with both hands and steady pressure. Don't tug too quickly. You might rip the paper, leaving a chunk of it deeper in the machine.
5. Open the back panel to reach paper jammed between the feed tray area and the print carriage of the all-in-one printer. Carefully remove the jammed paper from the machine.
6. Use the carriage access door to get at a jam further inside. You may need to move the print carriage out of your way to get at the jam.
7. Return any access panels to their closed and locked positions. Plug your printer back in and flip the power switch.
Thank you for using FixYa Don't forget to vote thanks!!!
I removed the cartridge, pulled out the skewed paper and it ripped leaving a very small piece behind. This continued the notice 'paper jam'. I had to remove the two side springs, remove the two star headed screws nearby the springs and prise up the grill to remove the paper shred. Replace everything and the error message is gone and printer normal.
Look for any small rips of paper caught in a sensor back there. There are little "fingers" that the paper runs over and its all timed. if one of those sensors are jammed with something or sticky, error messages.
"Machine Error 30" (or "Unable to Print") indicates either a simple problem such as a paper or part of a paper stuck inside the machine, which of course is solved by opening the machine as much as possible and remove the reason for the jam.
Even a ripped part of a paper will be able to cause the paper, so it's important to be careful when taking jammed paper out to not rip the paper (do this by carefully pulling the paper among the same way as it would go when printing, not the opposite direction). However, if that doesn't work, the error is mechanical (but still most likely caused by the jam, either a sensor getting dirty and unable to do it's work, or actually getting broken), and there isn't much you can do. If the message comes back right after turning on the machine, you'll have to have service performed on the machine.
Remove the toner, and try to gently pull out the paper jam.. If the page gets torn, or ripped, make sure you have all the pieces of the paper removed. Then re-start the printer. Print a test page to make sure the paper path is clear..
1. Switch off the
printer and disconnect the power supply. Allow any residual charge
inside the all-in-one printer to dissipate before putting your hands or
any metal tools inside the chassis.
2. Pin down the exact
location of the jam. The 3 hot spots for a jam are before a sheet
completely leaves the paper tray, anywhere between the feed tray and
print carriage or between the print carriage and output tray.
3. Take off the front
paper tray if the sheet jammed while still in the front area of the
printer. If here, you should be able to see most of the paper.
4. Pull the sheet with
both hands and steady pressure. Do not tug as you might rip the paper,
leaving a piece deeper inside the machine.
5. Open the back panel to reach paper jammed between the feed-tray area and print carriage. Carefully remove the jammed paper.
6. Use the carriage
access door to get at a jam further inside the printer. You may need to
remove the print carriage to get to the jam.
7. Replace all parts and
return any access panels to their closed and locked positions. Plug
your printer back in and flip the power switch.