Question about Samsung 1.8 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave

1 Answer

Glass in over the range microwave fogged up after boiling vegtables on range top

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 8,909 Answers

It will do. The glass is cooler than the water vapour and will condense, causing fogging.

Posted on Mar 28, 2011

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

No suction on my microwave


Over-the-range microwaves have lights and fans in them mostly for show. They protect the microwave from heat rising from the stove and provide a light to illuminate the stove top. The fan assembly is far too small to generate any real pull or draft and if it did, it would only blow it back in your face since these models do not exhaust to the outside; they only exhaust out the front of the microwave. A few models have a "filter screen" that is supposedly there to catch grease and contaminates but really it only serves to further weaken the draft as it provides a resistance to air flow.

Oct 14, 2016 | Samsung 1.8 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

I want to know how many watts my 2002 jvm1430bd002 microwave has...I have googled this question and have answers ranging from 700 to 1200! what gives???


Conduct what the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service calls a "Time-to-Boil" test, which will help you estimate your microwave's wattage. Add 1 cup of water to a microwave-safe 2-cup measure. Add ice cubes and stir until the water is icy cold. Pour out the excess water, leaving just 1 cup. Place the measuring cup inside the microwave. Set the oven for four minutes on high. Watch through the glass to see when the water boils. If it takes less than two minutes, the microwave is 1,000 watts or more; if it takes 2.5 minutes, the oven has a rating of 800 watts or more; if it boils in 3 minutes, the estimated wattage is 650 to 700.


How to Find Microwave Oven Wattage eHow

Jan 08, 2015 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave not heating


Hi Edward
I should mention (although it's pretty obvious) that Microwave Energy is DANGEROUS.
So it's better not to fiddle with the internals.
A quick test can be done to check for electromagnetic energy (in the 2.45Ghz range) inside the oven. Put a glass of water in the Microwave Oven and place 2 strips of tinfoil across the top of the open glass above the water. Put the strips close together but not quite touching then close the door.
Start the microwave & look through the glass window. Listen & Watch for sparks between the tinfoil pieces. If there are sparks then your Microwave Oven is generating or transmitting electromagnetic energy from the magnetron tube unit.
If it's working Don't leave it sparking too long. The tinfoil can get hot enough to burn. The glass of water is to absorb any microwave energy.
There is an interlock switch on the door for safety to protect you from microwaves leaking out of the door cracks. This switch fails to function sometimes. But normally the oven won't even try to power on or spin the turntable (or Fan) if this interlock fails.
If there are no sparks then your Magnetron is shot. Its usually not worth fixing them unless you know of a specialist technician who is qualified and competent with microwave equipment.
Hope This Helps
..... Trevor

Jul 15, 2014 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

MICRO WAVE DOOR FOGS UP WHEN USING IS THAT NORMAL


A Microwave Oven works by heating water/moisture in food: if the boiling action (e.g. when boiling water) is greater than the oven exhaust fan can cope with, then the inside will steam up and fog the door glass: this is usually OK and 'normal' (this is actual the advise in cleaning up the interior of a microwave oven - steamy soapy water - see your manual).

Hope it helps.

May 16, 2011 | Hamilton Beach Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Our new microwave heats the containers but not the food. Container is too hot to touch. Food "looks" hot, usually boiling - but food isn't even warm.


Check on the material the containers are made of. If they are not microwave friendly then they will cause problems.
Some materials are designed to "Roast" the contents by absorbing the energy.
Check with a Pyrex glass container and water. The glass should stay fairly cool.

Feb 01, 2011 | Whirlpool MH2175XS Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Boiled water and it exploded, now the microwave is broken


wow, from the looks of it you need to unplug wait 60 seconds plug in to restart, ot buy a new microwave. Perhaps if in the microwave terms it didn't say not to do that call the manufacturer and the will replace it for free

Jul 03, 2009 | Maytag MMV5000 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Condensation marks on microwave door


For most microwaves the process is pretty straightforward. You can open the door and you will see the screws that hold the outerinside panel on to the glass. After you remove those screws you will see the screws that hold the ouside cover to the door in place. Once you get that far you will see what is holding the glass in place. Keep in mind to replace the gaskets around the glass right and anything you take off to get to the glass itself. If you are getting condensation from range top cooking then the seal around the glass may need to be replaced. You really cannot hurt anything by taking it apart, but it needs to be put back together exactly the way you take it apart. Good luck and hope this helped.

Jan 26, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Inner 'glass' of door


The inner glass can and should be replaced. It protects the metal mesh screen from getting dirty, which can cause it to be damaged and allow microwave leakage. You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

Sep 17, 2007 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Samsung 1.8 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Logo

Related Topics:

608 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Henry  Thomas
Henry Thomas

Level 3 Expert

1074 Answers

Are you a Samsung Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...