Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Musty odor in laundry
I would say that you are getting a build up of soap and oil from our bodies, on the inside of your wash bowl.
The Tubs pull out of the washing machine really easy and then you can water blast the two tubs.Solves this problem?
Once you learn how to pull the tub out you can also clear a blocked pump.
I have a after market lint filter fitted to my F&P washing machine,works wonders .
ask your local whiteware Man for some hints on a Bowl removal.
A five minute job???
Posted on Jul 31, 2008
Top load washing machines do have lint filters, they used older models have trays that sit on top of the agitator. Newer ones aren't as obvious and are attached to the bottom of the inner tub. If you remove the agitator, you'll see a bunch of holes in the bottom of the tub, the filter right behind these holes. Cleaning/replacing it involves removing the inner tub, so it's not an easy task. It is likely that by the time you're having problems with the filter, it will be beyond cleaning and will need to be replaced. Considering all the trouble it takes to get to, you might as well.
Posted on Sep 19, 2009
If you experience a problem where the washer does not drain properly or the drain pump makes excessive noise, here’s the information you need to check the drain pump:
Symptom: PUMP IS RUNNING, BUT NOT DRAINING PROPERLY.
1. Unplug the washer while servicing inside the unit.
2. Remove the lower kick panel under the door by removing the three 7mm screws under the bottom edge of the panel. HINT: Use a couple of blocks of wood to prop up the front feet of the washer to gain better access to the screws. Once the screws are removed the panel should drop down, and then pull off. If the panel becomes stuck, a slight tap on either side will dislodge it.
3. Locate the drain pump. It will be located directly under the wash tub (it is the only pump this washer has).
4. There is an access removal cover on the pump that can be removed to clean out the trap. BEFORE doing this, it is strongly recommended that you remove all residual water from the wash tub & drain line or you will have about a gallon or so inside your washer and on the floor to clean up.
5. Here’s a helpful way of quickly removing the residual water. If you own a wet/dry shop vac, remove the drain hose from the standpipe at the wall and pull a vacuum with the shop vac. This will empty the wash tub, pump and drain lines. If you don’t own a shop vac, grab a bunch of old towels and open the access on the pump slowly so that it comes out at a trickle. Allow the towels to soak up the majority of the water. Close the access and stop the water if you need to get additional towels.
6. Open the pump access and remove once you have all the water drained. Check the drain pump for foreign objects and debris. Check the pump impeller and make sure there’s nothing caught in it. Items as small as toothpicks or cotton swabs have been known to stop this pump from working.
7. Clean out the pump thoroughly and reinstall the access cover. Make sure the cover is snug, but do not over tighten.
8. Place the drain hose back in the standpipe (IMPORTANT – DO NOT FORGET!).
9. With the bottom panel still off, plug the washer back in and select the following on the operator console – DRAIN SPIN, NO SPIN, and then press any button under OPTIONS 4 times (it must be the same button). “C00” will show on the console display as the washer begins diagnostics mode.
10. Check the drain pump for leaks as the washer fills. The pump is gravity filled and will hold water even it is not pumping. Allow washer to run through diagnostics until it begins the wash tub tumble cycle.
11. At this point, you can stop the diagnostics procedure by pressing PAUSE/CANCEL 2 times. The drain pump energizes and the washer will begin to drain.
12. If the drain pump works normal and there are no leaks detected, reinstall the bottom panel and tighten screws.
NOTE: It is normal to have residual water left inside the wash tub under the wash basket. This is why it is important to leave the door ajar when not in use so this water does not become sour.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2015 | Kenmore series 70 80 90 Washer timer...
Aug 26, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Nov 03, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Mar 14, 2010 | Kenmore 22622 Top Load Washer
May 25, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Mar 22, 2009 | Kenmore 24902 Top Load Washer
Nov 19, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jul 27, 2008 | Fisher Paykel EcoSmart GWL15
May 27, 2008 | Kenmore 15864/15862 Top Load Washer
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: