Question about Audio Players & Recorders
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: aiwa cd3 model #cx-na 22u
Optical lens might have dust on it so...Try to clean optical lens with cleaner CD then check.
If problem still exist then clean lens with cotton bud by taking off top cover of unit. Make sure to unplug unit from AC outlet before opening top cover.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
I thought that I had the same problem. I then discovered that when I put 3 CD's in it started up on it's own. If you push the demo button you can see how it's supposed to light up the number of tracks in a square on the right of the display. It wasn't doing that until I put in all 3. Then it started up and I was able to use the disc 1, 2 & 3 buttons to change from 1 CD to the next and I used the Up and Down buttons to change songs and the play button above the tape deck is multi-functional. Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
you really need to take the cd changer out of the dash,and then open the cd changer ,is one of you cds is making the problem,ones is remove it should be working fine,good luck
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
SOURCE: Aiwa 3-cd changer # CX-NAJ20U
Is this an issue with a particular brand or random?
If it is random, this is an internal problem with player. As the CD's come out of player with scratch, it could be a problem with drive or lens problem. You are correct in thinking that repair would not help as the cost of repair is quite high as compared to the cost of the product.However, you have to understand that this is a consumer market, and all manufacturer's ( most of them excluding Bose ) made their product in such a way that once there is an internal problem, the best option would be replacement.
You could try to fix it, however you have only limited options unless you wanted to open and fix it yourself.
1. Unplug the unit for few minutes, say 15 minutes and then turn it ON. This would reset the machine. Then, give it one more shot with a new CD ( make sure that it should not be scratched ).
2. You could use a lens cleaner CD to clean the lens.If your player is skipping any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at Staples, or Wal-Mart). Open the CD drawer, or remove the cover of the player by removing the screws on the sides and rear of the unit. Then spray the can approximately 10" from the lens to blow any dust off of it.If it still doesn't work, you can opt to clean the lens eye itself, by using isopropyl alcohol, and a lint-free cloth to gently wipe the "eye". Then use a dry spot on the cloth to buff the eye clean. If the CD player is still not reading all the discs, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would need to be replaced.
This could be a DIY ( do it yourself ), however not an ideal option as it would be quite expensive to replace the mechanism and still there is no guarantee that it would work for many years.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Oct 24, 2010
Your system is in 'Eco' mode. If you are in this mode, and go 10 minutes without playing a CD or cassette, it will automatically turn itself off.
Here's how you get out of 'Eco' mode:
1) Go to the jog wheel assembly
2) Press 'Eco'
3) Press 'Enter'
4) The display will show "Eco Mode On"
5) Immediately turn the jog wheel, to turn the status from 'On' to 'Off'
Posted on Jul 30, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2017 | Aiwa Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 26, 2017 | The Audio Players & Recorders
Oct 21, 2015 | Aiwa Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 09, 2013 | Aiwa Audio Players & Recorders
Sep 13, 2012 | Aiwa NSX-DS55 CD Shelf System
Nov 12, 2009 | Aiwa Audio Players & Recorders
Sep 08, 2009 | Panasonic CX-DP88 8-Disc CD Changer
Apr 15, 2008 | Alpine CHA-S624 6-Disc CD Changer
Feb 19, 2018 | Tascam Audio Players & Recorders
460 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!