Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

It started by not heating, then it produced aloud sound that was accompanied by smoke. Now iy cuts power whenever you put it on..

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 19,396 Answers

Hi.

Not heating could have started because of a defective magnetron, diode or capacitor. The smoke is consequence of a short that now is preventing the oven from starting.

Please let me know if you would like to get more help on this and let me know the appliance's model number.

Regards.

Ginko

Posted on Mar 28, 2011

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I put a mug of water in the microwave, left the room. Came back, and the room was filled with a burning electrical/plastic smell, no visible smoke. Now, the microwave completely powers off after 1 second...


Since there was no smoke, it's not a transformer. It's most likely a high voltage diode or magnetron. The magnetron would be over heating and opening a thermal cut out mounted to or near it.

Oct 19, 2013 | Samsung SMH9187ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Ge microwave fan runs when door is closed and light still on


There are one or two door switches that are probably defective, that must be replaced.

May 08, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have the danby designer Mod DMW162W-ORT that won`t heat at all but everything else works. Hums a bit louder but will not warm.


The Magnetron in your unit is no longer resonating properly. The Magnetron produces the microwave frequencies and when it resonates properly, it will provide the excitation to heat your item(s). As well, the diode that accompanies the magnetron needs to be replaced as well. Should it be under warranty, take it back. Out of warranty? Have an appliance tech repair it (usually around $175) or get a new microwave.

This is typical for most microwaves. No such thing as quality any more.

Apr 12, 2011 | Danby Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I placed food in the microwave over to heat for 19 seconds, when it was finished I smelled smoke coming from the oven. The food was fine. I unpluged the oven. I tried it a couple of days later, it...


the smoke probably came from the heated food. try using it next time with different kind of foods and also try it to the same kind of food that produces smoke but observe carefully what will happen.

Dec 29, 2010 | Emerson Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

It just stopped heating yesterday but the light


you say it has aloud hum to it? And everything works but no heat.Im going to give you a list of things it could be and you'll have to take microwave apart to do the work. Beforre you start get some small trays or pill bottles to put screws in. Make sure when you take a screw out you know where it goes back because all the screws may not be same length. First, You may have a blown fuse in the HV transformer primary circuit, The HV transformer is the largest thing you'll see when you take the cabinet of the frame.Second,bad connections for the magnetron filament the magnetron will have what looks like fins or louvers around it.look for bad wire connections. Third, could be a faulty thermal protector or fuse, More than likely its either going to be the HV transformer or the magnetron thats bad.

Sep 13, 2009 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave will not cook


Sounds like the magnetron has failed. There are some high voltage circuits that feed the magnetron and you can potentially get hurt if you don't know what you are doing. Would recommend you have it serviced by a professional if you want it fixed, otherwise look for a new one since the cost of repair can come close to the price of a new microwave oven.

Oct 27, 2008 | GE JE2160 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Kenmore Microwave Hood Combination: over the stove Model #721.80602500


Disclaimer: I'm a DIYer, not a technician.

Our GE over-the-range microwave stopped producing heat yesterday while warming part of the T-giving feast. Everything else (fan, control panel, light) works fine.

After disassembly and testing last night, I discovered a defective "secondary door switch." Your Kenmore uses a similar switch (~$19 on-line), and that might be the problem. But it also could be other things, such as a bad thermal cut-out.

If you know anyone who's handy with a multimeter, most of the basic diagnostics seem to be pretty straightforward.

Nov 23, 2007 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Turn on, but I don't har fan and it startd smoking.


I would suspect a problem with the high-voltage inverter.

Due to the lethal voltages used and produced, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.

I would recommend that you contact your nearest Panasonic-authorized servicer.

You can find one here:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vServiceLocator?storeId=15001

Nov 19, 2007 | Panasonic NN-T654SF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Faint buzzing sound smoke coming from back


The high-voltage transformer (or inverter transformer) has probably failed.

Due to the lethal voltages used and produced, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.

I would recommend that you contact your nearest Panasonic-authorized servicer.

You can find one here:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vServiceLocator?storeId=15001

Oct 24, 2007 | Panasonic NN-T655SF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Panasonic NN-S789WC - No power on Display, Fuse OK, bulb Lights


The fuse will be a white or gray ceramic fuse, and you really can't tell if it's blown without actually measuring it. If a new fuse blows when you hit START, you probably have a shorted high voltage capacitor. If you have replaced the fuse and still have no display, then it sounds like there's a problem on the control board. The control board has a built-in surge protector which can short (and smoke) and when it does, it will cut the power to the control board, but not blow the fuse. We repair these nationwide for only $39.95 postpaid. If you or a friend want to check it out or send the control unit in for serivce, we have *critical* safety and disassembly info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

Mar 02, 2007 | Panasonic NN-S789 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

41 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...