Question about Microsoft Computers & Internet
Minimize Number of Programs atStart-Up
If you are running too many programsat start-up this can be a cause of Windows Vista running slowly. So try tominimize the number of programs running at start-up. Follow these steps todisable start-up programs.
1. Click Start
2. Select Run
3. In the dialog box type MsConfig
4. Press Enter, a pop-up window will appear on your screen
5. Click on Start-up
6. Uncheck unwanted services and programs from startup
7. Press OK
8. Restart your PC b> Increase System Memory Most of us ignore the issue ofmemory when Windows Vista runs so slow. Many old computers came with 512 MB ofRAM and on such PC's Windows XP runs well but if you want to run Windows Vistaon such a PC you should have at least 1 GB of RAM for smooth performance. b> Clean Out Viruses While surfing the internet somemalicious applications are downloaded and installed automatically in oursystem. These malicious applications decrease the performance of any operatingsystem, Windows Vista run so slow due to these infected files. To get rid ofthese malicious applications you must download and install a powerful Virus andSpyware cleaner. Run a full PC virus scan and remove all the viruses, malwareand other infected files. b> Clean Out Registry Windows registry contains registrykeys of all the applications that you run on your PC and there are some entriesthat result in corruption in the registry. Corrupt registry problem cannot befixed by scanning your PC for viruses and spy-wares because registry errorscannot be detected by antivirus. For this you need a good registry cleaner andPC optimizer such as reginout.
Posted on Jun 23, 2011
Here is a list of services you can delete without harm to your computer. Please read carefully before performing these tasks. I have researched these services before a few times so be sure to read them carefully before attempting to complete this task.
The following information is also to assist you with speeding up your computer. I will now direct you to the site where the information is available I have also applied these to my machine and what a big difference. Click Here to go to the informational site.
Also you may want to defrag and disk clean as well I do this everyday. You can find these two programs as part of the Windows Operating System files under start+all programs+ accessories +system tools both are there. Defrag and disk cleanup. I hope this assisted you.
Also download CCleaner Click Here it is free to download great program. Get rid of unwanted software as well. It clean registry as well as files all in about 4 clicks of the program. Get rid of anything else other than doing this program and you will be just fine.
Do not forget to post a vote for me! John
Posted on Mar 28, 2011
There's alot of reasons your pc is running slow, could be, not enough ram, could be Registry errors or virus. Vista will start slower tahn other Win version because it runs so many things at start up. Do you have virus protection and /or a registry cleaner? Do you know how to clean and defragment your discs? Let me know at "add a comment"
Posted on Mar 28, 2011
Glad to HELP YOU!
I'd suggest you - FIRST OF ALL - to check if your SYSTEM is meeting the Vista requirements:
- 800 MHz processor
- 512 Mb of RAM (at least)
- DirectX 9 class graphic card
- 32 Mb of graphics memory.
If all above are met than you can also do (to SPEED UP your computer):
- defragment your hard drive
- remove all unused shortcuts and files from the desktop
- setup your system for NO ANIMATED WINDOWS and choose STABILITY from
START > CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM > ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS.
Posted on Mar 28, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Sep 07, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
May 18, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
May 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 07, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Aug 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 05, 2007 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Aug 24, 2007 | Sony DCR-HC19E Mini DV Digital Camcorder
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!