Once you have your ringtones ready, there are many different steps you can follow depending on what you have available on your phone.
1. If you have internet/text messaging: sites like cellsea and myxertone will provide you with instructions.
2. If you have a usb cable: connect your phone making sure it's in Mass Storage Mode. You can do this by going to settings, connection, usb connection mode, mass storage. Open the folder for your phone on your computer. It should be one of the choices of storage when you go to My Computer. Place your ringtones into the Sounds folder. And voila! It should be in the ringtone menu in your phone.
3. If you have a MicroSD memory card: Create a folder on the memory card. Name it anything other than Music (the phone will automatically create a Music folder which can not be used as ringtones). Once you insert your card into your phone, the tunes should come up when you open your ringtone menu!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
-Make sure the file is appropriate.. 30 seconds or less, mp3 format -When you add your music to the memory card, it shows up as a song but not as a ringtone right?
The solution is to create a different folder rather than using the “Music” folder the phoneautomatically creates for you. Transfer your music to this new folder you’ve created. The ringtones should show up as long as it fits the requirements Hope this helps :)
If you want to put music files from your laptop onto your LG Shine, you can either use a LG USB cable or a Micro SD Card.The Micro SD card will probably need an additional adapter to have it big enough for your Laptop or PC slot. Once the music files are on the Micro SD card, insert the card into your LG Shine and go to My Stuff". Then, select "Audio and ringtones" and select the file on your memory card. Press the "Options" button and select the copy function and paste it into your phone.
my new shine phone is on the highest settings for the volume but its very frustrating as i cannot hear it ring unless i see it vibrate and put it to my ear only then can i hear it
i would be very grateful if you can help me
If you want to get free ringtone's off the computer for you lg then go to youtube.com and type in ringtone's for lg and it will show you a variety of clips you can choose from,
when you find the one you like, follow it along. You should get your
ringtone's soon after that. Hope this helps