Question about Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It sounds like you were using the gold permanent coffee filter in addition to a paper filter. You should use one or the other.
The gold permanent filter must be cleaned between each brewing cycle.
1. Remove the filter basket from the coffee machine.
2. Remove the gold permanent coffee filter from the basket.
3. Clean the basket thoroughly. Ensure there are no grounds clogging any holes.
4. Insert a new paper filter only into the basket. Do not use the gold permanent filter for this test.
5. Fill the water reservoir with the desired amount of water.
6. Add the desired amout of coffee grounds into the paper coffee filter.
7. Replace the filter basket into its holder in the coffee machine, and close the water reservoir lid. Press firmly on top where it says, "Press to Close".
8. Ensure the glass carafe is placed correctly in its position on the heating plate.
9. Turn the Function Knob to "BREW", then flip the Power Swich to "ON"
Hope that helps.
Posted on Aug 05, 2008
Turn the function knob to Auto Off
Hold down the hour button til you see the clock display blinking
you can then use the Hour and Minute buttons to program how long you want the coffee maker to stay on.
You can choose from 0 minutes (seems to be what you have it set on now) to 4 hours.
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
Here is the basic troubleshooting for the Cuisinart coffee makers:
Make sure all baskets are in proper place – especially if unit is beeping.
Do not use a paper and a gold-tone or other permanent filter at the same time.
Unplug for LONGER THAN 15 full minutes to reset.
Clean by brewing 2 oz of distilled white vinegar/2 oz water.
If these methods fail, the unit probably requires replacement – call Cuisinart as they have a longer-than-standard warranty.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2010 | Cuisinart Brew Central 12-cup Coffee Maker
Nov 09, 2009 | Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200W, 12-Cup...
Jul 01, 2009 | Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200W, 12-Cup...
Jan 16, 2009 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
May 20, 2008 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Jun 26, 2007 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Jan 26, 2016 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!