Question about NetGear WN2000RPT Repeater
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
With Vista on the Laptop it should be just a matter of double clicking the router in the network settings, vista should automatically configure the connection.
This has happened to me before and this is what I did just to see if it worked, and it did flawlessly.
Posted on Mar 07, 2008
when im on a site with a video/music the connection drops, takes time to load ..then rebuffers can any one help
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
1. Please assign an IP address to your computer using the IP Address Reservation.
a. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
b. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
c. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
d. On the setup page, please click LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
e. Click Add under Address Reservation then you will be brought up to a new window.
f. On the Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add.
g. If the computer you want is not on the list; click the Refresh button to update the table.
h. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table; please enter the IP Address, MAC Address, and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
i. Please click on the Add button when finished.
2. On the Set Up page of the router, select on Port Forwarding/Port Triggering under Advanced tab.
3. Click Add Custom Service and type VPN on the Service Name box.
4. Set the Service Type to TCP/UDP and input the VPN port numbers under the Start and End Port field.
5. Type in the last digit of the IP address of your computer. Then, click the Apply button.
Example: The IP address of the computer trying to establish the VPN connection is 192.168.1.2.
Service Name Start Port End Port Server IP address
VPN1 47 47 192.168.1.2
VPN2 50 51 192.168.1.2
VPN3 500 500 192.168.1.2
VPN4 1723 1723 192.168.1.2
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
Hi, please perform the below steps to configure settings on the router:
1. Connect a computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
2. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
3. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.0.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
4. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
5. Click on WAN setup from left menu. Check the box for 'Disable Dos Protection'.
6. Set the MTU size to 1400. Click apply.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jan 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2017 | NetGear Computers & Internet
Feb 23, 2015 | NetGear R6200-100NAS AC1200 802.11...
Oct 26, 2014 | NetGear N300 Essentials Edition Wi-Fi...
Jun 22, 2014 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Dec 05, 2012 | NetGear Universal WiFi Range Extender...
Dec 17, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Jun 07, 2014 | NetGear WN2000RPT Repeater
411 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: