Question about KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS Side by Side Refrigerator
With the drip pan that is filling almost everyday you might want to consider checking the water inlet valve. Especially if you have an ice-maker, check the water supply hose going into and coming out of the water inlet valve. This is how you can check it (water inlet valve):
Reminder: Before testing the water inlet valve, unplug the refrigerator to avoid an electrical shock hazard.
The water inlet valve is located behind your refrigerator. Find the water supply line coming into the valve and turn it off at the source (typically under the sink). Disconnect the supply line. Remove the screws that secure the inlet valve in place. The water inlet valve is connected by two wires.
1. First thing, make sure to label the wire placement on the water inlet valve before disconnecting the wires.The wires are connected to the terminals with slip on connectors.
2. Next, firmly pull the connectors off of the terminals (do not pull on the wire).You may need to use a pair of needle-nose pliers to remove the connectors.
3. Then, kindly inspect the connectors and the terminals for corrosion. If they are corroded it needs replacement.
If after doing the procedure above and eventually you're getting same issue continue on doing the steps I have below:
1. You might need to inspect the filter screen where the supply line connects as well.
2. If you found any debris or deposits that may have built up remove it by using a toothbrush or warm running water.
3. Lastly, if you can't clear the clog, it will be necessary to replace the valve (the filter is not removable on most inlet valves).
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using Fixya.
Posted on Mar 28, 2011
This is usually due to any of the following reasons, a faulty door or gasket, a leaking drain pan, or a clogged defrost drain pan. Check the above mentioned to fix the the problem.
Posted on Mar 27, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2010 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
Jun 30, 2009 | KitchenAid Superba KSRG25FK Side by Side...
Jun 12, 2009 | KitchenAid Superba KSRG25FK Side by Side...
Mar 26, 2009 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
Jan 05, 2009 | Maytag MSD2656G Side by Side Refrigerator
Oct 01, 2008 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
Jun 29, 2008 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
Jun 03, 2008 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
May 26, 2008 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: