Question about GE 51583 24Hour Digital Indoor Timer
I do not have a manual for GE 51583 timer.
Generally speaking, programmable timers are set one time, and then they repeat that program day after day until timer malfunctions or you reset programming.
If your timer is resetting itself, then electricity might be going off, for example a loose wire?
Try timer on another outlet.
Test outlet with cheap circuit analyzer from home center.
It is hard to answer question without guessing until I can read the manual.
If you have instruction manual, I would enjoy getting a copy.
Scan manual page(s) into jpeg/jpg format to your computer and then add a comment with those photos so I can see instructions.
Add a comment with your experience so others with same-similar problem can benefit.
Also take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on timer or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
Posted on Mar 28, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
For the WOODS Model 50029 Indoor 7 day digital timers with Astronomic features.
8A / 1,000W Tungsten
15A / 1,875W General purpose
500 VA Electronic ballast
120Vac 60Hz 8.3A Ballast
Charge the Battery:
Plug the timer into wall outlet for 30 minutes to charge internal battery. Note: You can then unplug the timer from the wall outlet and comfortably hold it in your hand to program the timer.
Clear the Memory:
Press the RESET button with a tooth pick to erase any previous settings.
Note: Inactivity for approximately 30 seconds and the timer will return to clock mode.
To Set the Clock:
1. Press the TIME button to set the current year: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 2012 to 2099.
2. Press the TIME button again to set the month: Press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 01 to 12.
3. Press the TIME button again to set the date: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number. The maximum date will depend on which month you choose.
4. Press the TIME button again to set the daylight savings time feature. DST will appear on the bottom of the display screen. Then press the "+" or "-" button to set DST AUTO mode or DST OFF mode.
5. Press the TIME button again to set the hour: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 00 to 59.
6. Press the TIME button again to set the minute: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 00 to 59.
7. Press the TIME button again to set the Astronomic function: Then press the "+" or "-" button to select the zone you are in. North = "nor", Center = "cen", and South = "sou".
8. Press the TIME button again to adjust the Sunrise time. Press "+" or "-" button to adjust the time.
9. Press the TIME button again to adjust the Sunset time. Press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the time.
10. Press the TIME button again to finish the setting or press and hold the TIME button for 4 sec that will to back to standby.
To Program the Timer:
1. Press the PROGRAM button once to display the first ON setting.
2. Press "+" or "-" button to adjust the day or group of days you want for the program. Scroll to select from everyday, each individual day, weekdays, or weekends.
3. Press TIME button to set the hour. Press "+" or "-" to scroll through 12-hours AM, 12-hours PM, sunrise time or sunset time for first on setting.
4. Press TIME button to setting the minutes. Press button "+" and "-" to adjust from 00-59.
5. Press the PROGRAM button again to display the first OFF setting and repeat steps 2 through 4 to program.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for additional ON/OFF settings.
7. Press the "MODE" button once, at any time exit time setting or program setting.
Sun tracking technology: the timer adjusts automatically to sunrise/sunset times. For example, program lights to turn On at sunset and Off at 10:00 pm. As daylight hours extend, the sunset time will increase. For example sunset may be at 5:41 pm on Monday, 5:42 pm on Tuesday, and 5:44 on Wednesday. The timer will adjust to this On time accordingly and will always turn off at 10:00 pm as programmed.
To Connect/Operate the Timer:
Plug device in to the timer and turn the device on. Plug timer into wall outlet.
To Operate the Timer / Use Manual Override Function:
Press MODE to choose different function between ON, ON AUTO, ON RDM, OFF, OFF AUTO, OFF RDM
1. ON - load is ON permanently in manual mode.
2. ON AUTO - AUTO mode has been selected and load has been forced ON and will stay ON until a contrary scheduled event.
3. ON RDM- RDM mode has been selected and load has been forced ON and will stay ON until a contrary scheduled RDM event.
4. OFF - load is OFF permanently in manual mode.
5. OFF AUTO - AUTO mode has been selected and load has been forced OFF and will stay OFF until a contrary scheduled event.
6. OFF RDM - RDM mode has been selected and load has been forced OFF and will stay OFF until a contrary scheduled RDM event.
Random Setting Security Feature:
When the random setting is ON, the timer will turn ON/OFF +/- 30 minutes around program on and program off times.
Daylight Savings Time Feature:
When the DST function is on "DST AUTO", the sunrise and sunset time will increase 1 hour on the Sunday of the second week in March at 02:00 am every year. It will then decrease 1 hour on the Sunday of the first week in November at 02:00 am every year. For example if sunrise is 6:12 am on March 9th, it will be 7:11 am on March 10th.
Consumer Support (800) 561-4321
Dec 16, 2013 | Hardware & Accessories
Nov 18, 2012 | RTO Zilla 24/7 Digital Timer Power Center
Apr 13, 2012 | Watches
Jul 31, 2011 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Dec 22, 2010 | JVC AV-36F702 36" TV
Dec 12, 2010 | Solar Noma 7 Day, 6 Event Outdoor Timer -...
Dec 01, 2010 | Woods Outdoor Lighting Timer
Dec 01, 2010 | Hardware & Accessories
Nov 10, 2010 | Woods InWall 7 Day Digital Programmable...
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: