Question about Microwave Ovens
I know this sounds like a pain but it takes a while to get that silly light to stop.
If you have problems call the 1-800 number below.
Decalcifying your MR. COFFEE® Coffeemaker Minerals (calcium/limestone) found
in water will leave deposits in your coffeemaker and affect its performance. It's
recommended that you regularly remove these deposits using MR. COFFEE® Cleaner
or vinegar. MR. COFFEE® Cleaner is available at many retail stores or by calling the MR.
COFFEE® Consumer Service Department at 1-800-MR COFFEE (1-800-672-6333).
1. Follow package instructions to prepare one batch of MR. COFFEE® Cleaner. Pour the
mixture into the water reservoir. Before decalcifying, remove the water filtration disk
from the machine.
NOTE: 4 cups or 20 fl. oz. of undiluted, white household vinegar may be used as a
substitute for the cleaner.
2. Place an empty MR. COFFEE® 10-12 cup basket-style paper filter
or MR. COFFEE® permanent filter into the filter basket and slide
the brew basket in place.
3. Place the empty decanter back in the unit.
4. Press the CLEAN button until the CLEAN indicator light turns on
(Figure 9). For your convenience the cleaning cycle is automatic.
The entire cycle will take 45-60 minutes to complete.
During the cleaning your coffeemaker will:
a. Slow brew approx. 3 cups of cleaning solution.
b. Pause for 30 minutes (the CLEAN light will remain on to alert
you that the process is active).
c. After 30 minutes, your coffeemaker will brew the remainder of the cleaning
d. When complete, the CLEAN light will turn off and your coffeemaker will turn off.
5. Discard the cleaning solution and rinse the decanter thoroughly with clean water.
6. Fill the water reservoir with clean, fresh water.
7. Place the empty decanter back on the coffeemaker.
8. Remove and discard the paper filter used during the cleaning cycle. If a Mr. Coffee®
permanent filter was used during cleaning, remove it and rinse it thoroughly before
replacing it in the filter basket.
9. Begin brewing and allow the full brew cycle to complete.
10. Repeat steps 5 through 9 one more time.
Posted on Mar 27, 2011
Testimonial: "Thank You Whispis2 ! I will surely clean the unit as described. Hopefully the light will turn off.Thanks again !! Dave"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2013 | GE Microwave Ovens
Sep 25, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 13, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 09, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 28, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 09, 2010 | Kenmore 62463 Microwave Oven
Mar 11, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 19, 2017 | In Microwave Ovens
1,438 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!