Question about Emerson Black Microwave Oven
Hi, the problem you are having with your microwave is a common one. Not heating is a problem that can be caused by three things. I'll list the most common solution first, the magnetron that actually does the heating is what is making that noise and has gone bad. It is possible for you to also have a bad high voltage diode that has opened up, solution two, or solution three is the high voltage capacitor is not working properly as well. From my experience with microwaves I am positive that it is your magnetron that is bad. If you are not do it yourselfer you'll need to take it to a repair shop to replace. However, if you know how to use a screwdriver and can unplug a couple of wires with spade terminals on them, then you can take it off yourself, find another one and replace it the same way you took it off. The magnetron sits behind the control panel of your microwave but on top. It has cooling fins on it and has 2 terminals maybe three depending and make and model that plug into it. It has 4 screws that are easy to get to that actually holds it in place. If you do not have a good local source like an electronic parts supply place then you can find the right magnetron at www.mwoparts.com. Be sure you always unplug the microwave before touching or trying to take the he cover off and then when you take the magnetron off also.Good luck and God bless.
Posted on Mar 27, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 24, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens
Circuit Breakers do weaken over usage. It is not usually a time factor as much as a load factor. Each time a circuit breaker trips, it loses its ability to carry the same load as it did previously. In other words, a 15 amp breaker only carries the ability to carry 15 amps once. I recommend replacing the circuit breaker with one that has a matching rating. If you do feel up sizing is necessary, check the load rating of the appliances to make sure the additional size really is necessary. Increasing power to appliances that shouldn't need it increases the risks of potential electrical fires and masking real issues. Try changing it with higher amp breakers.
Please accept the solution if it's helpful. Do get back to us for any further query.
Thanks for contacting fixya.com
Sep 27, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 04, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 19, 2010 | GE Advantium SCA1001SS Convection /...
Oct 27, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Sep 30, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 14, 2009 | Goldstar MV-1615 Microwave Oven
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!