How do get rid of F10 which is on the window of my Kenmore stove
The F10 error means that the high temperature sensor is reporting a runaway temperature and shut down to avoid a potential fire. Try unplugging the stove or tripping the circuit breaker to reset the code.
If the error recurs, unplug the stove (or turn off the circuit breaker) again. Look at the broiler and bake elements with a flashlight. If it has any damage (breaks, char, melting), you will need to replace the element. Check where the elements connect to the oven and replace them if there is any charring on the back wall.
If the elements are undamaged, you need to check the wiring to identify if the problem is at the elements, the high temperature sensor, wiring or the control board. You will need to access the wiring from the back of the stove. Disconnect the wires to the heating elements. Then disconnect the wiring connections at the high temperature sensor and the control board. Without a model number, I can't be completely sure of the resistance that should be seen at various points. Please post a comment with the model number of the stove and I'll try to confirm the expected and faulty resistance values. Most likely, the resistance should be under 50 ohms but above zero between the left and right contacts of the elements and the violet wires in the wiring harness at the control board. The high temperature sensor should probably have a resistance between 1,000 and 1,200 ohms. If the resistance is high, you'll need to replace the appropriate parts. (Note: if the wiring at the control board gives a reading similar to the resistance of the high temperature sensor, the control board is the likely suspect.)
I hope this helps. If your stove is under warranty, contact Sears/Kenmore to fix the issue. If you aren't comfortable testing the wiring, contact Kenmore for a service call.
Feb 04, 2015 |