Question about Computers & Internet
I see that you are still unable to get internet even if your laptop connects to the router, it is possible that the network key in the router is different from what you are using.
Try checking your Router settings:
* Connect your Laptop using an Ethernet Cable directly to your Router, make sure that the Router and Modem are still connected to be able to get internet access. * to get in your Router you must first then find out what your Default gateway is for your Router. * click start, click all programs then click accessories
* you should see this window right click on Command Prompt to get the window popup on the right * then click on run as administrator to, you should see this window below
* then type in ipconfig then press enter to get the info about your network
* Default Gateway id your Routers IP address write down these numbers and type it in the address bar of internet explorer then press enter to get in your routers sI entered the right code - mvincentc_8.png
* after pressing enter this will prompt you for a user name and password for you to get in your router and this will vary on what type of router you my have, if you already know how to get into your Router settings check your network key if it is the same on what you have for your wireless security key in your setting in windows.
* if still it does not connect try disabling your network key and check if the internet will work with out any network keys if it does connect try changing your network key.
I hope this will help, Thanks.
Posted on Mar 28, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2016 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jul 01, 2014 | Nintendo DSi XL Burgundy
Mar 04, 2011 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
the answer is right here
Feb 24, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jan 29, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 13, 2011 | Cell Phones
Jul 02, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 03, 2010 | Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
Jan 23, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: