Question about Vacuums
Have you looked at the roller's ends where it's hooked in to the holes at the sides? Sometimes there is a large amount of dog hair, yard, thread or other material clogging the works and not letting the bar rotate. Use a pair of needle-nose pliers, trashable tweezers or sharp knife to cut/pull offending material from around/inside the beater-brush bar.
Posted on Mar 26, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2018 | Dyson Vacuums
Jun 03, 2015 | Dyson Vacuums
CARPETS OR HARD FLOORS
• The brush bar will always default to 'ON' (spinning) each time you switch the
appliance 'ON' and recline it for cleaning.
• The brush bar will not rotate when the appliance is upright.
• To switch the brush bar 'OFF' (e.g. for delicate rugs and hard floors):
- switch the appliance 'ON'
- recline the appliance
- press the brush bar 'ON/OFF' button - the brush bar will stop spinning.
• The brush bar will automatically stop if it becomes obstructed. See 'Brush bar -
• Before vacuuming your flooring, rugs and carpets, check the manufacturer's
recommended cleaning instructions.
• Some carpets may fuzz if a rotating brush bar is used when vacuuming. If this
happens, we recommend vacuuming in 'hard floor' mode and consulting with
the flooring manufacturer.
• The brush bar on the appliance may damage some carpet types. If you are
unsure, turn 'OFF' the brush bar.
Dec 31, 2014 | Dyson Bagless Upright Vacuum DC41 Animal
Dec 11, 2013 | Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum
Aug 08, 2017 | Dyson Vacuums
Oct 03, 2011 | Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Mar 14, 2009 | Eureka Smartvac 4870 Bagged Upright Vacuum
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: