Question about HP PSC 1401 All-In-One Printer
Paper jams can occur for a variety of reasons but are usually paper related. Follow the steps below to clear the paper jam:
1) Turn off the all-in-one and unplug the power cord. With the power off, the paper feed rollers will turn.
2) Open the rear access door of the all-in-one by pressing in on the left side of the access door and then pulling it toward you.
NOTE: All paper jams must be removed by pulling the paper out the back of the all-in-one using the rear access door. Pulling the paper out the front of the all-in-one rotates the paper feed rollers in the wrong direction and can lead to additional problems.
3) From the rear access door opening, gently pull the jammed paper free.
4) Remove the remaining paper from the paper supply tray. Discard any paper that is damaged or crumpled and then re-stack and reload the paper into the paper supply tray.
Do not continue to push the paper in after some resistance is felt. If the paper is pushed in too far, more than one page will feed into the all-in-one at a time.
5) Reattach the rear access door by inserting the two pins on the right of the door into the holes for them and then pressing in gently but firmly on the left side.
6) Reconnect the power cord to the unit and turn the unit on.
7) if it does not work ... clean the rollers from the rear door of the printer
8) try different wall outlets..
9) then do a power drain by unplugging the power chord from the back of the printer. press and hold the power button for 30 sec and then replug the power chord.
10)if issue does not get resolved service the product
Posted on Mar 27, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2014 | HP Color LaserJet Professional CP5225dn...
Jul 20, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
May 31, 2014 | HP 1050 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
Sep 07, 2010 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Jul 30, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Jun 26, 2008 | Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
Feb 04, 2007 | Canon Image Runner 1630 Copier Copier
142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: