Question about Televison & Video
If you have a cable TV line connected directly to the TV, an antenna or a cable box connected by coaxial cable, I would suggest running the automatic channel scan (AUTO-PROGRAM) again:
1. Press the AV key on the Advent remote control repeatedly until TV is displayed in one corner of the TV screen. If you don't have the Advent remote, use the TV/AV button on the front of the TV.
2. Press the MENU key on the advent remote or the front of the TV to open the on-screen menus.
3. Use the CH+/- keys on the remote or on the front of the TV to highlight PRESET then press VOL+ to select.
4. Use the CH+/- keys on the remote or on the front of the TV to highlight ANTENNA then use the VOL+ key to select either AIR (for antenna) or CABLE.
5. Use the CH+/- keys on the remote or on the front of the TV to highlight AUTO-PROGRAM then press the VOL+ key to start the automatic channel scan.
Once the channel scan is complete, the TV should automatically return to viewing the first channel found during the scan. Do not press the MENU key during the scan or the scan will not complete.
If you are using a cable/satellite receiver and it is connected to the TV by any means other than a coaxial cable, you do not need to run the channel scan. You should simply select the correct AV input using the AV key on the remote or the TV/AV key on the front of the TV (see step 1 above).
If you have done all of the above and you are still unable to get the channels on your TV, please post back for further assistance. You can reply to me by clicking on "Add a Comment" below your question. Please let me know whether you are using a direct cable line, antenna or cable box, etc.
Posted on Mar 26, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2016 | Televison & Video
Sep 07, 2014 | Televison & Video
Aug 05, 2014 | Televison & Video
Apr 16, 2012 | Insignia 42" LCD Flat-Panel HDTV
Oct 03, 2011 | Westinghouse LTV32W6HD 32 in. LCD...
Jan 22, 2011 | Insignia Televison & Video
Sep 17, 2010 | Samsung 46 in. Flat-Panel LCD HDTV
Nov 06, 2009 | Insignia IS-LCDTV32 32 in. Television
May 09, 2009 | Vizio VX37L Television
Feb 08, 2009 | Dynex 32 in. LCD Flat-Panel HDTV
155 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!