- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That is a single belt driven washer built by maytag. Check the lid switch for propah operation. If it is fine tip the washer back do an inspection of the belt Check the pump for tightness sometimes they lock up or get something in em. If that is fine turn the main drive pulley and see if it releases the brake and lets the drum turn easily. One direction it locks the tub and agitates and the other direction is pumps out the water and spins. Manual and more HERE
ok lets see here;your transmission can go in two directions.if you turn the middle pully one way it will agaitate if you turn the oppisit direction you can watch [from under neath]the brake raise as the cam seperates and lifts the brake.now with the brake lifted ,your tub should spin.if its not lifting the brake you need a new center pully kit[i have had to do many]it comes with washers ,bearings and cams.if the brake lifts and your tub still wont spin you may have a pice of clothing between the two tubs[i had that one to,many times]i hope that helps.you can email thru fixya if need more advice God bless ,tom
press in clips each corner with putty knife and lift top remove screws bottom front panel slide panel down and off ..locate pump. turn washer to spin and switch on if faint hum felt at pump more than likely plugged with something if pump is running fine ck for something in drain lines..most washers i would say lid switch but on those i believe if switch was bad wouldn't aditate either ck by raising lid ..if agitates with lid raised ck lid switch if not switch ok
There is a large hose that runs from the basin to the pump. I would recommend checking this hose from the pump to the basin. It is probably plugged in there as well as in the pump inpellor. look under the machine to find the pump.. White/clearish plastic with 2 large hoses running to it
If the machine fills and agitates but does not drain, something is probably wrong with the drain hose or the pump. The fact that the washer fills and agitates tells you that the motor works and the belt is okay (though some units have a separate belt for the pump and direct-drive washing machines don't have belts).
1) Be sure the drain hose isn't kinked.
2) Check the tab on the lid that strikes the lid switch; if it is broken, the washer may stop during the drain cycle. Press and release the lid switch: if it doesn't click each time you do this, it's probably broken. If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service person.
3) The water pump may be broken or clogged with a small article of clothing or the controls may be broken; call an appliance repairperson.