Question about Ovens

Open Question

Salton Microwave Model MW-2027 blows internal fuses What are possible causes Thanks Tony

Posted by on

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

NO POWER IS GETTING TO THE MICROWAVE NO MATTER WHERE I PLUG IT IN


the internal fuse inside the microwave has blown.JUST REPLACING THE FUSE PROBABLY WONT FIX IT the fuse usually blows when one or more of the door switches is bad so fuse and door switches would be needed
if ya replace the fuse and it blows again right away it defiently is going to be a door switch that is causing it to blow

Aug 25, 2011 | Ovens

1 Answer

Is there a fuse or re set button on my neff combo micro wave, ive just cleaned it and now have no power to it, i have checked the fuse


ISOLATE THE MICROWAVE DO NOT OPEN AS YOU CAN RECEIVE A SHOCK FROM THE INTERNAL CIRCUITS.
Check the mains fuse in the plug, remove fuse and put into a working appliance, if it works. Buy a new microwave, as the internal circuit has a fault, and depending on model, the cost of repair is usually very expensive. Unless you have an appliance insurance. leave repairs of this type of appliance to the proffs.
Check the door is closing properly, as a switch is activated by the colsure of the door, some cheaper microwaves use plastic and this can fracture, causing the microwave to not work. The front display should light up regardless of the switch position. The fuse inside can be 10 to 15amp slow blow, if this is the case, scrap the appliance as it requires specialised equipment to fault find and carefull handeling discharging capacitors and so on. A reasonable level of knowledge of electronics is required. hope this is of assistance.
Johnf1

May 17, 2011 | Ovens

1 Answer

My microwave over works but no heat


Sorry to read about your problem, I hope this helps you out.
you could have one of the following issues
  1. Blown fuse in HV transformer primary circuit or HV fuse (if used).
  2. Bad connections (particularly to magnetron filament).
  3. Open thermal protector or thermal fuse.
  4. Open HV capacitor, HV diode, HV transformer, or magnetron filament.
  5. Shorted HV diode, HV capacitor (will blow a fuse), or magnetron.
  6. Damaged protective VDR from filament to chassis (not commonly used).
  7. Defective HV relay (not commonly used).
Microwaves must be serviced by technicians due to the inherent dangers involved in repairing these appliances. Internal capacitors can retain a lethal electrical charge even though the unit is completely unplugged. A microwave radiation leakage test must be performed on the unit following any internal component repair.

I tried to help you. Please help me and Rate/Vote on my response. We take the time to answer your question's. take the time to rate us.Thanks and good luck

4 Thumbs - Very Helpful
3 Thumbs - Helpful

Jan 02, 2011 | GE Ovens

2 Answers

How to change the fuse on Kitchen Aid model KEMS308SBL02 combination oven and microwave. The oven door locked after a power outage this week and now the oven won't come on.


Hi,

Press the "Off/Clear' button to cancel anything on the display, and reset the microwave. This is a soft reset and will simply get you out of any program you have started. Press it when the cooking complete reminder appears on the display.
Perform a hard reset. Pull the plug out of the wall power supply, and wait a moment. Plug the GE microwave back into the wall power supply to reset any anomalies with the microwave's memory. You will need to reset the time of day if you perform a hard reset.
Reset the time of day. Press the "Clock" button, and turn the dial to set the hours. Press the dial to enter. Follow the same procedure for the minutes and a.m. or p.m. Press the "Start" button to start the clock.

Dec 04, 2010 | Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave shows clock but blows fuse


Microwave ovens have a transformer inside them that puts out thousands of volts in order to create the "microwave" that cooks the food, but the clock and controls are on the circuit before that transformer.
Most of the times the transformer is bad and depending on how much you paid for it, not worth the repair bill unfortunately. But thats why you see the clock, even though the fuse blows. I am assuming you mean the Microwaves INTERNAL fuse, if not then it is a model with a battery backup to not loose data like your alarm clocks do sometimes, therefore you would show the clock but not be able to start the Microwave.
If it is the fuse or breaker in your panel that blows, then either the breaker is weak, or the transformer it shot. If it is 120volts, try plugging it into another outlet by either moving it or use an extension cord from another outlet you know work..if it starts, then you either have a bad breaker or some other electrical issue with the receptacle and should get a LICENSED electrician out, I say that because I am a Master Licensed Electrician and just because they say they are an electrician means nothing unless you see their license,plus ins. usually wont pay if there were a problem if an unlicensed person were used.
I hope I helped, if so please give me a thumbs up!

Nov 09, 2009 | Ovens

1 Answer

Sharp MW won't shut off


Sounds like it needs a new electronic board or PCB. Although I would consider a new microwave as your microwave is getting on in age and can be a danger to health or dangerous if something blows up.

Jun 14, 2009 | Ovens

1 Answer

The oven would not start


It doesn't work at all If your microwave oven doesn't seem to work at all, check these: 1)Fuses---- Usually, when your microwave oven doesn't work it all, the internal fuse (thermal fuse) is blown. This fuse protects both you and the oven. When it blows, you need to have a qualified appliance repair technician replace it. 2)Door switch--- If the fuse isn't the problem, check the door hooks and the door-release button. When these are broken, the door switch doesn't activate, so the oven can't work. please do not forget to rate the solution.thanks.

Jun 12, 2009 | Ovens

4 Answers

KitchenAid KEMC308KSS02 Microwave Error


The micorwave oven light does not work and when I push start, the word DOOR shows on the screen and beeps 3 times. The oven will not start.

Jun 14, 2008 | KitchenAid KEMC308 Electric Double Oven

1 Answer

Microwave oven


The high voltage capacitor is probably shorted, (large, silver, oval shaped part). typically .98mfd to 1.02mfd

Jun 03, 2008 | Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

77 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ovens Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

ashburton

Level 3 Expert

417 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Are you an Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...