Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
I have a modem, which Comcast says is fine and the signal is fine. A couple days ago, I could not connect to the wireless network. So I reset the router like normal, and the connection is fine.... until the 2nd computer upstairs, that connects wirelessly (also a Vista, blecch) connects to the network.
It will be on for 30 seconds to a minute and then it disconnects, and says it has limited access. And then the main computer cannot connect either.
I have had this whole setup for 5 months without problems - and I didn't make any changes. This happened all of a sudden.
i have the same problem before and i called supportrix and here are some tips that may also help you solve ypur problem
-- are you experiencing the same problem if you connect your computer directly to the modem? this may help you isolate if its a problem with your router or with your modem / isp
-- have you tried upgrading the firmware of your router? this may help you fix other internal problem on the router aside for upgrading the current settings of your router.
-- do you have other devices running with the same freqeuncy of your router? chances are that you may also encounter some interference on the wireless part of ypur router so make sure to disable these other devices
if you are still having trouble configuring your device, try to call supportrix
Posted on Aug 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2012 | NetGear N300 Wireless Router
Apr 08, 2011 | D-Link (DI-784) Wireless Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Apr 13, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Nov 19, 2008 | Check Point (CPWSHCRA6500UUS) Router
Jun 18, 2008 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
May 19, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Feb 03, 2008 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
Sep 20, 2007 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: