Question about Goodman Heating & Cooling
Hello Cadbiad Jason,
I understand that your wires go to you outside unit (condensor) have been pulled out. To start with you have two thermostat wires look like telephone wire, and three power wires a ground usually bare or green, a white 120 and a black 120 volts.
I would be glad to help you with your problem. The first thing you need to do is shut off the disconnect box located by your unit as you do not want to get shocked by 220 volts.
1. Disconnect all power to the unit and turn off the thermostat.
2. Take the service panel off the side of the unit (1/4 or 5/16 screws)
3. The service panel you will notice a contactor this contactor will have two connections on the front and back for the white and black wire one side is for power from the disconnect the other side is the power going thru the unit to its parts. Make sure all of these connections are tight.
4. On the sides there are spade connectors one of your thermostat wires goes to one side and the other one goes to the other side (it does not matter which one goes where on a two wire non heat pump unit) you can wire nut each wire to the the ones if they are still usable. If not you will have to crimp new ends on your wires.
5. Replace the service panel
6. Turn the disconnect back on
7. Turn on your thermostat and make sure the unit turns on
If you have any further questions about this unit please fell free to post them to this thread and I will be happy to assist you. Thank you for choosing FIxYa.com
Posted on Mar 26, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2012 | EDENPURE MINT A3705 Infrared Remote...
Jun 03, 2012 | Bryant Heating & Cooling
Jul 02, 2010 | Heating & Cooling
Jun 27, 2010 | Heating & Cooling
Jun 03, 2010 | Heating & Cooling
Oct 08, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Aug 02, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Jul 08, 2009 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
May 13, 2009 | Goodman CLQ36AR49 Air Conditioner
Feb 11, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: