Question about Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Remove batteries
2. Hold "2" button down.
3. While holding "2" button down, reinsert batteries
4. Continue to hold "2" button down until remote exits safe mode.
Posted on Feb 05, 2008
Did you try this response from the Logitech users' forum? It can't hurt
to try since all your settings are stored on the web, not on the remote.
Basically, Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool in the Remote used for troubleshooting purposes. If the words "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode Requested" appear on the remote, complete the following steps:
1. Ensure the Remote is in "Safe Mode Requested" by taking out the batteries, and disconnecting the remote from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the Off button and plug the remote into the USB.
3. Continue holding down the Off button for another 10 seconds. The remote should then display the words "Safe Mode Requested".
4. With the unit in "Safe Mode Requested", re-install the firmware by clicking Support on your home page.
5. Click Firmware in the Downloads section and follow the online instructions to upgrade the firmware.
6. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click Update My Remote.
7. Insert new batteries into the remote.
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
SOURCE: harmony 550 in safe mode
To get out of safe mode, do a firmware update from your PC. This will install the latest firmware and your configuration. Safe mode is a bootstrap designed to recover from firmware corruption issues so about the only thing it knows how to do is reload firmware.
However, if the remote fails to communicate with the PC when it is stuck in Safe Mode, please try the following.
1. Remove the batteries from the remote & check for any stuck buttons especially the Power button that may be causing the remote to stay in this state.
2. If it still will not apply firmware to get out of safe mode, then still without batteries hold down the #2 button while plugging into USB, and it should exit Safe Mode, and say something similar to 'Firmware Upgrade Success'. Even though it says this, still perform the Firmware upgrade since it was stuck in Safe Mode to begin with.
Posted on Aug 29, 2009
First I would check to see if any of your buttons are sticking. I have found that this is a common problem with the 550 remote. I really like this remote but if nothing works check your buttons to see if any are pressed under the plastic. This remote can only work one button at a time so if one is being pressed it will not work.
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2010 | Sylvania SRCD227 27 in. TV/DVD Combo
on Apr 30, 2010 | Televison & Video
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 550 LCD Remote Control
Dec 25, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 966208 Remote Control
Jun 06, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Advanced...
Nov 29, 2007 | Logitech Harmony 550 LCD Remote Control
on Apr 30, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Advanced...
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: