Question about Computers & Internet
Im sorry alot more information is needed here, make? model? bios version running now?
Posted on Mar 25, 2011
Depending on which motherboard you have Find and fix errors in your system BIOS Searches for newer BIOS for your board http://download.cnet.com/biosagentplus/3000-2098_4-10175528.html
BIOS Patcher can find and fix errors in your system BIOS (only AWARD BIOS for now) and also it can add or open new features, i.e. some features that your BIOS has but they are closed by manufacturer of your motherboard. It scans rom file. If it finds any known errors it fixes the errors. If it finds any closed features it opens it. hope this helps
Assists in flash upgrading your system BIOS to a later version. BIOS Finder determines your system BIOS and when run, cross references Flash upgrade BIOS files you have downloaded from the manufactures web site. If a later version match is found this BIOS is placed into a directory for you to upgrade to. Great for Y2K issues and beyond, overcome that greater than 8.4 Gig limitation with your BIOS, resolve those video card glitches. Download, run and your on your way to a later BIOS version! (Award only).
This older version will only work on motherboards with 128K bios files. Most boards these days are supplied with 256 or 512K firmware. hope this helps
This is an efficient, easy-to-use tool to help you figure out the details that make your computer tick. BIOS Agent is a lightweight freeware application with a clean and well-designed interface that lets you get the information you need with only a few button clicks. The program can retrieve information on the type of BIOS your computer runs and chipset type, as well as information on CPU, ROM, and RAM. Once you've gathered the details you need, you can save the report in TXT format or print it. There's no installation required for BIOS Agent. This program will be useful for administrators or power users looking to keep their systems up to date hope this helps.
Depending on which motherboard you have
Find and fix errors in your system BIOS
Searches for newer BIOS for your board
Posted on Mar 25, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2016 | MSI Computers & Internet
Jul 20, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 25, 2011 | ASUS A7V600-X (90M7A820G0EAYZ) Motherboard
ASUS Update Utility - an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS
The ASUS Update is an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS in Windows® environment.
The ASUS Update utility allows you to:
· Save the current BIOS file
· Download the latest BIOS file from the Internet
· Update the BIOS from an updated BIOS file
· Update the BIOS directly from the Internet, and
· View the BIOS version information.
You need an Asus motherboard in your system.
Rules for Safe BIOS update:
1. For safety reasons, always use the most updated BIOS utility!
2. Do not overclock the system/CPU during BIOS update!
3. Load "Setup Default" in BIOS menu before BIOS Update.
4. Make sure you have "Administator" privilege on your Windows system (WinNT4/2000/XP).
5. Close all application programs under Windows.
6. Disable any existing Anti-Virus applications in the system.
7. Reboot the PC after the BIOS update is complete.
8. Switch on the PC and load "Setup Default" in BIOS again. Hope this helps
May 23, 2011 | ASUS P5LD2-X/1333 - motherboard - ATX -...
Updating the BIOS with the Intel® Express
BIOS Update Utility
With the Intel Express BIOS Update utility you can update the system BIOS while in
the Windows environment. The BIOS file is included in an automated update utility
that combines the functionality of the Intel® Flash Memory Update Utility and the ease
of use of Windows-based installation wizards.
To update the BIOS with the Intel Express BIOS Update utility:
1. Go to the Intel World Wide Web site:
2. Navigate to the D946GZIS page, click "[view] Latest BIOS updates," and select the
Express BIOS Update utility file.
3. Download the file to your hard drive. (You can also save this file to a removable
USB device. This is useful if you are updating the BIOS for multiple identical
4. Close all other applications. This step is required. Your system will be rebooted at
the last Express BIOS Update window.
5. Double-click the executable file from the location on your hard drive where it was
saved. This runs the update program.
6. Follow the instructions provided in the dialog boxes to complete the BIOS update.
Feb 16, 2011 | Intel D946GZIS Motherboard
Nov 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 02, 2010 | Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L Motherboard
Aug 07, 2008 | HP Compaq nx7300 Notebook
788 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!