Question about Gigabyte GA880GMAUD2H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gbs USB 30 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Hello mgarner - Does the system actually try to boot from the CD? You can tell by the LED on the CD drive or you can put your ear next to the drive and hear if it's trying to read the disc.
If it is there are two possible problems, first is that you have a bad drive or secondly that you have a bad disc (the more likely of the two).
See if you can come up with another disc and give it another go.
Thanks for using Fix Ya.
Posted on Mar 25, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2014 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Sep 14, 2013 | EPoX EP-8K9A Motherboard
Mar 02, 2013 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Feb 22, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
DELL Boot error.
You have to go to the BIOS make sure the first, second and third
boot device is set to cdrom. Put your startup disk in the CD drive.
2. once you see a prompt that says press any key to contintue to boot to cd press the Enter Key Once
3. When you have a prompt that says welcome to windows press R to Repair press F3 to quit and press Enter to create a fresh new copy of windows. we press R
4. You will be given a dos prompt
5. Type c:\> cd c:\windows\repair, <Press Enter>
6. Type c:\windows\repair> del c:\windows\system32\SAM, <Press Enter>
7. Type c:\windows\repair> copy sam c:\windows\system32\SAM, <Press Enter>
8. Type Exit
9. Restart the computer
Jan 03, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1720 (dncwma1_1) Intel Core...
Jan 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 10, 2010 | Compaq Armada M700 Notebook
Dec 30, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3100 Notebook
Dec 02, 2009 | Gateway 500GR PC Desktop
Feb 12, 2008 | AOpen Motherboards: AX4SG-UN (AAX4SGUN)
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: