My Red Sansa Clip 4GB will not show on any computer i plug it into, It only charges and i have tried the auto detect, mtp, and msc settings. Any Suggestions?
See the section about the hot fix first-----
If you are using Windows XP: you need the following.
Windows XP SP2 or higher
Windows Media Player 10 or higher
Download and install the latest Windows Media Player if it's not installed.
If you are using Windows Vista: If the player is seen in My Computer when using MTP mode, but not showing in Windows Media Player.
Download the hotfix from-->>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939211.
Run the hotfix.
Refresh the players driver
Connect the Sansa player to the PC
The screen on your player should turn on, show 'Connected' and indicate the battery charging or full. If the player does not turn on try other USB ports or on another computer if one is readily available. Ensure you are connecting directly to the computer USB port and not to a USB hub.
- If there is nothing showing on the screen and the player does show up in as a storage device in an explorer window, then the screen is just not working.
If you receive the error "USB Device Not Recognized" on the computer, the player is most likely failed. Additional troubleshooting is unlikely to correct the problem.
Check under Device Manager
1. Right-click My Computer, and select Manage.
2. Click Device Manager on the left pane.
NOTE: Sansa MP3 Players can connect to your computer in MSC or MTP mode. Exceptions are Sansa Connect and Sansa Express which only use MTP mode. MTP mode is the recommended and default method for Sansa Players when used with Windows OS.
The Sansa player will show up on Device Manager's right pane as:
1. USB Mass Storage device (if the player is set to MSC)
2. Portable Device (if the player is set to MTP mode)
If there is a yellow exclamation point (!) or question mark (?) beside the device, try to refresh the drivers.
Refresh the drivers
1. Right-click the entry with the error mark, select Uninstall.
2. On the top menu, click Action then select Scan for hardware changes.
NOTE: If a device with yellow exclamation point (!) continually appears and disappears, then the player is most likely failed. Additional troubleshooting is unlikely to correct the problem.
Connect using MSC mode
Connecting in MSC mode will help determine if there is a problem with MTP mode or with the Auto Detect mode feature of the player. You can use Forced MSC mode or switch the player settings to MSC.
Instructions to connect in Forced MSC mode are listed here:
Instructions to switch player to MSC mode are listed here: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/207
If the player is detected in MSC mode but not when set to MTP mode, try to update or reinstall the Sansa firmware
NOTE: Sansa Express and Sansa Connect do not have MSC mode. For Sansa Connect you can try reinstalling the firmware using the Connect Recovery Mode.
Additional troubleshooting notes:
If you have replaced the Sansa Player and you still have problems getting it to recognize in the computer, then you may need to try some additional troubleshooting.
- Try connecting on another computer.
- Try using a different USB cable
- Try connecting to the back USB ports which may supply better power.
- If only MTP mode is not working, try reinstalling Windows Media Player
For Windows XP try also download and install the MTP Porting Kit
May 17, 2010 |
SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player