Question about General Electric Washing Machines
If the washer doesn't start, or if it stops when it should continue on to the next cycle, it may not be receiving electrical power, or, if it stopped mid-cycle, the machine's overload protector may have tripped. In this case, take out some of the articles to reduce the load and let the protector reset itself. Then restart the machine. Otherwise:
1) Be sure the machine is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be sure the washer lid is closed completely.
2) If the receptacle seems dead, check the circuit breaker or the fuse that serves it.
3) Unplug the washer, and check the power cord. If necessary, replace the cord.
4) Open the lid and check the lid switch and the tab on the lid that it pushes against. Press and release the switch. If it doesn't click when you do this, it's probably broken. If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call a repair person.
5) If the washer still doesn't work, the controls may be faulty. Call an experienced repair person.
Posted on Mar 25, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2017 | Splendide 2000S Front Load Washer / Dryer
Sep 03, 2017 | Frigidaire FEX831F Top Load Stacked Washer...
Feb 22, 2010 | Kenmore 98702 Stacked Washer/Dryer
Aug 28, 2009 | Washing Machines
Dec 04, 2008 | Maytag Neptune MLE2000A Front Load Stacked...
Nov 15, 2007 | Malber WD1000 Front Load Washer/Dryer
Feb 19, 2016 | General Electric Washing Machines
309 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: