Question about Advent Netbook
You may need to refresh the USB ports. Follow the instructions below. You do not have to disable the touchpad to use an external mouse. Follow the steps given below to refresh USB ports.
1. Right-click My Computer icon on the desktop, and then select Properties.
2. Click the Hardware tab.
3. Click the Device Manager button.
4. Click the plus (+) sign to the left of Universal Serial Bus controllers.
5. Right-click the device listed under Universal Serial Bus controller and select Uninstall.
6. Click OK to confirm the removal of the device.
Please note, repeat Steps 5 and 6 until all the devices under Universal Serial Bus Controller are removed.
7. Shut down the computer.
CAUTION: Ensure that the Shut Down option is selected, instead of the Restart option.
8. Wait for 5 seconds and then restart the computer. When the computer restarts, a "Windows has detected new or added hardware" message window will open.
The above steps will refresh the USB ports.
Now connect the USB devices like mouse, video camera, your external usb hard disk...usb hubs...whatever you like and the drivers should install automatically.
Tip: It is always recommended to connect the main usb devices at the rear end usb port, as they require more power to initiate.
Follow the steps given below to refresh USB ports.
Posted on Mar 25, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 28, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite 2400-S251 Notebook
Jan 20, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite Pro M15-S405 Notebook
Mar 18, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2246 Notebook
Feb 18, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite P505-S8950 Notebook
Nov 26, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 08, 2009 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Aug 15, 2009 | Acer Aspire One AOA110-1588 Notebook
Aug 13, 2009 | ASUS Eee PC 900HA Notebook
Sep 26, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 Notebook
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: