Question about GE Profile 26.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Dispenser TFX27PRBWW
If you're experiencing water leaks outside the refrigerator, it is often caused by the drain pan. There are some ways on how to correct this issue, either you clean the pan and reposition the tray. In addition, here are some tips that you can apply to solve this problem. Please follow the steps below.
Before conducting any repair, please remember your safety. Unplug the machine or shut off the power at the breaker panel to avoid any electric shock.
1. Remove the drain pan and clean it with a warm soapy water or water and baking soda.
--> the drain pan is located at the bottom of the refrigerator behind the front grill.
--> Please remove the grill which snaps into place. Hold the drain pan while pulling slightly upward and forward.
2. If you noticed that the pan is too closed to the compressor please reposition the tray.
3. You may also try to check water invelt valve. It is located behind the refrigerator. Look for a water supply line coming into the valve and turn it off at the source. Now disconnect the supply line. It has screws so you need to remove them.
4. The water inlet valve is connected by two wires. Before disconnecting the wires please label the wire placement on the water inlet valve.
5. The wires are connected to the terminal with slip on connectors. Firmly pull the connectors off of the terminals ( don't pull on the wire ). You can use a pair of needle-nose pliers to remove the connectors. Please check if the connectors and terminals has corrosion. If corroded they should be replaced.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on May 11, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2013 | Frigidaire FRS3R5EMB Side by Side...
Oct 07, 2012 | GE Refrigerators
Jun 26, 2012 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Nov 25, 2011 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Aug 16, 2011 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Apr 19, 2010 | Maytag MSD2756G Side by Side Refrigerator
Feb 01, 2010 | GE Profile 26.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Sep 16, 2009 | Refrigerators
May 23, 2008 | Kenmore 55612 / 55614 / 5561 / 655619 Side...
Jul 25, 2007 | Maytag MSD2756G Side by Side Refrigerator
Jul 10, 2014 | GE Profile 26.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: