Question about NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
To locate the security key please follow the below steps on a computer connected to the router:
1. Open a web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
2. Access the router's GUI by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
3. When prompted for Username and Password, please enter 'admin' for the Username and 'password' for Password.
4. Click on Wireless Settings (under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) or WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key) is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase (or network key).
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless deviceto the router's wireless network.
In some cases, for security reasons the passphrase might show as asterisks. In this case type a new Password and click apply. You will then have to use the same Password for all the wireless devices connecting to the network.
Please revert for any further clarification.
Posted on Apr 21, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2016 | Sony Televison & Video
Jan 25, 2016 | Televison & Video
Nov 19, 2010 | Radian Technologies SkyTone RST401 Router
Sep 01, 2010 | Blitzz Technology BWA711 Router...
Aug 06, 2010 | HP Pavilion 505n (DC470A#ABA) PC Desktop
Jun 07, 2010 | U.S. Robotics USRobotics USR5461 Wireless...
Apr 21, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 14, 2009 | Microsoft Visio 2007 Professional Edition...
Jun 30, 2008 | GE RCA G.E. Thompson 25414RE3 4 line...
169 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!