Question about Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
Try using a different security setting on your wireless router.
Posted on Mar 24, 2011
You will need to go into the wireless setup page in your browser on a pc and change your security settings on your wireless to wpa-tkip , then the dsi should be able to connect to your wireless
Posted on Mar 24, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The DS lite only supports WEP which would have a HEX key password, if you have a pass key or pass phrase then chances are you are using WPA or WPA2 which is not supported on the DS lite.
The WEP key is an older form of security and has been found to have some weaknesses but to be honest its still secure enough for a home wifi set-up.
Here is a link to an article explaining more about the differences between the two.
You can change your settings on the wireless router, but you will then have to adjust the settings on your Wii accordingly.
If you need any further help or advice please feel free to contact me via my profile page.
Posted on Feb 22, 2010
SOURCE: ok so i was trying
The Nintendo DS can only connect to 802.11b networks with WEP encryption (see here). Make sure your access point is 802.11b with WEP encryption in order for your Nintendo DS to be able to connect to it. Than you can try connecting it again.
Posted on Mar 07, 2011
The DS Lite does not support WPA or WPA2 encryption. It only supports WEP encryption so you would need to switch your router to that style of encryption in order to access your network. Generally I would not recommend this due to the weaker encryption offered with WEP.
Another possible solution is to set up a computer that has a hard wired connection to your router and plug in a USB wifi dongle then use internet connection sharing and an adhoc wifi connection to your DS to get it online.
Posted on Mar 11, 2011
Hi and Welcome to Fixya
Nintendo Dsi/DS/Ds XL connects to the internet using wireless connection. You need to know the settings of your router. Below are the steps on how you will access the router and to obtain the information needed for you to be connected.
How to access the Router:
1. You need to know the ipaddress of your router. You can refer to the manual or check the Default Gateway of your computer (Make sure that you connect the computer to the router using an ethernet cable for you to get the Default Gateway). Click on START then RUN. Type CMD on the small box on the lower left of the screen. Type IPCONFIG on the black window and get the value of your DEFAULT GATEWAY (it starts with 192.168.x.x)
2. Open a Browser, Type the DEFAULT GATEWAY on the address bar of your Browser. It will ask you for a username and password. (Refer to the manual of your router or post a reply so that i can provide you the username and password of your router)
3. Go to the Wireless Settings Page of your router. Look for the SSID or the Network Name and theNetwork Key or Passphrase. You can personalize it so that you can easily remeber the details.
4. Make sure you connect to your SSID and enter the Network Key to make it secure.
Now that we already know the setting of the router then its now time to connect the Dsi to the network.
1. Go to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings of the Game
2. Search for an Access Point (SSID)
3. Select your Network (SSID), If you have an open network, just click "OK" and it should work just fine! If it's a Red Padlock, it'll prompt you for a Password or Network Key. This is the reson why we access the router.
4. Test the Connection.
Thanks for using Fixya.
If you need further help, reach me via phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/elixirjose_00375ea24bd8141b
Posted on May 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2015 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
Apr 21, 2017 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Aug 14, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Jul 21, 2011 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 11, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Mar 10, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Mar 07, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Red Console
Mar 06, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Oct 09, 2010 | Nintendo DS Lite
Jun 21, 2010 | Nintendo DS Lite Crimson & Black Console
May 13, 2018 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: