Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
Im tryng uninstal AVG, but uninstal file is empty, Im tryng uninstaling from control panel but it impossible too. Help in this process.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
You Havn't specified, What is the problem exactly. I mean you have not specified the error Description.
But still The problem could arose while uninstalling Antivirus Program would be:
1. Any *.dll file missing from antivirus directory.
2. system file of antivirus missing from System32 directory of windows.
3. Any file that belongs to antivirus are not able to load while installinfg like uninst.exe.
4.Windows installer 3.0 is not installed on ur system
(Check out all the above including reviewing ur antivirus directory for uninst.exe file)
To solve this error you must do the following:
1. Run AVG antivirus setup program to repair. some times it doesnot give you the option if half of installed program have been removed from system.
2. Go to run type "regedit" and press enter
3. go to hkey_local_machine ->SOFTWARE -> and select AVG
expand trees of AVG.
4. Check for data path and its contents in AVG directory of program files, and also For UninstPath to varify that the uninst.exe in avg directory of program files is not missplaced
5. After doing the specified solution 60% are the chances that ur program would be uninstalled. else if it doesnot uninstall the program and gives the same error then Choose system restore tool.
For restoring do the following:
1. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories ->System Tools
and select System Restore
2. Go to next window, Choose the restore point that was before installing of ur AVG Antivirus.
3. Select that restore point by reading the description.
4. Click next to restore.
Note: Your system will restart after choosing the restore point and clicking next. It takes some time to restore.
Most probably this tool will help you to remove this antivirus.
Remove it's entry from registry by Going to run type "regedit" and press enter
go to hkey_local_machine ->SOFTWARE -> andright click AVG
and select delete option to delete.
Gimme acknowledgement after removal
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
I m trying to install avg 8, but it says there is 1 problem and will not instal the programme.
tell me wat to do?
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2016 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Jul 04, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4315 Notebook
Jun 09, 2009 | Webroot Spy Sweeper (spysweeper) for PC
May 06, 2009 | RTO Avg Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware 8 for...
Feb 03, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: