Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
Im tryng uninstal AVG, but uninstal file is empty, Im tryng uninstaling from control panel but it impossible too. Help in this process.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
You Havn't specified, What is the problem exactly. I mean you have not specified the error Description.
But still The problem could arose while uninstalling Antivirus Program would be:
1. Any *.dll file missing from antivirus directory.
2. system file of antivirus missing from System32 directory of windows.
3. Any file that belongs to antivirus are not able to load while installinfg like uninst.exe.
4.Windows installer 3.0 is not installed on ur system
(Check out all the above including reviewing ur antivirus directory for uninst.exe file)
To solve this error you must do the following:
1. Run AVG antivirus setup program to repair. some times it doesnot give you the option if half of installed program have been removed from system.
2. Go to run type "regedit" and press enter
3. go to hkey_local_machine ->SOFTWARE -> and select AVG
expand trees of AVG.
4. Check for data path and its contents in AVG directory of program files, and also For UninstPath to varify that the uninst.exe in avg directory of program files is not missplaced
5. After doing the specified solution 60% are the chances that ur program would be uninstalled. else if it doesnot uninstall the program and gives the same error then Choose system restore tool.
For restoring do the following:
1. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories ->System Tools
and select System Restore
2. Go to next window, Choose the restore point that was before installing of ur AVG Antivirus.
3. Select that restore point by reading the description.
4. Click next to restore.
Note: Your system will restart after choosing the restore point and clicking next. It takes some time to restore.
Most probably this tool will help you to remove this antivirus.
Remove it's entry from registry by Going to run type "regedit" and press enter
go to hkey_local_machine ->SOFTWARE -> andright click AVG
and select delete option to delete.
Gimme acknowledgement after removal
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
I m trying to install avg 8, but it says there is 1 problem and will not instal the programme.
tell me wat to do?
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2014 | Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT...
Jun 25, 2011 | Operating Systems
Feb 12, 2011 | Operating Systems
Jan 01, 2011 | Operating Systems
Sep 26, 2010 | Operating Systems
Apr 27, 2010 | Operating Systems
Jan 15, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Aug 15, 2007 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
282 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: