Question about GPS
Hello Symtoms of this fault code: Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
1st let me say that "320" is not a valid code, I will assume the actual code is "P0320" based on what was replaced. There is no one answer to this code, it needs the attention of a factory trained electronic engine control diagnostic technican. One code does not make this a Lemon, you just need the right person to get it fixed and pin down the actual cause of the problem. Below is what is the possible solutions as well as what causes the code to set in the engine controls computer.
P0320 2006 KIA Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Problem/Fault
- Lack/Loss of Power
- The engine may be harder to start
- The engine may stumble or stall
Possible causes - Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor harness circuit is open or shorted
- Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor poor electrical connection
- Faulty Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor (this is among the common causes of this fault code)
- Engine Control Module (ECM) (doubtful this is the problem) Fault P0320 2006 KIA Description Ignition failure sensor is used to check whether the spark ignition is occurred correctly or not and also used to tachometer drive. The sensor monitors the voltage difference between a resistance which is on the battery circuit for ignition coil. When the ignition coil works properly, the electric current through the resistance is detected as voltage drop. This is confirmed for every ignition event with the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor. If ECM detects a malfunction, no ignition is possible, so the engine would not start. If there is no ignition signal for a predetermined cycle for one or two ignition coils, an ignition coil circuit failure exists. As you can see the Ignition failure sensor is likely not the problem, it is just picking up on a problem occurring in the ignition system. My advice is seek out a specialist on KIA electronics, this may be the dealer.
Symtoms of this fault code:
Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Posted on Mar 23, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2014 | 2006 Kia Amanti
Dec 27, 2013 | Kia Amanti Cars & Trucks
May 16, 2013 | 2004 Kia Amanti
Apr 14, 2012 | 2006 Kia Amanti
Mar 18, 2012 | 2006 Kia Amanti
Jun 01, 2010 | 2006 Kia Amanti
Mar 15, 2010 | 2004 Kia Optima
Jun 13, 2008 | 2006 Kia Amanti
813 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: