I cannot transfer from Canon ZR500 to my DELL computer with Vista
I have the same problem. I had an HP computer with Windows XP and never had an issue. We would just plug the camcorder into the computer, via USB cord and away it would go! Now I have a DELL with Vista and nothing happens when we try to transfer out tapes to the computer. Is it a driver issue? If so, how can I obtain a free download of the driver I need to get my tapes to my computer? Can you help me?
Re: I cannot transfer from Canon ZR500 to my DELL...
I had to buy a converter by Pinnacle for $83. I'd have been happy with the toy prize inside.........Studio 11 Plus editing program.........but I already own it.
Anyway, the geek squad could think of no other
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You have to use a firewire connection in order to transfer your videos. The cambera will not transfer the videos through the usb ports. There is no specific driver for Vista, and this isn't a driver issue. Use your firewire port and cable, and you should be fine.
Good luck,and hope this helps.
* Drivers: o The drivers needed to connect your Sony camcorder to a computer and transfer files are already included in the operating system. * Not Supported: o The USB streaming feature is not supported with the Windows 7 operating system. o The Windows 7 Starter edition is not supported.
* Drivers: o The drivers needed to connect your Sony camcorder to a computer and transfer files are already included in the operating system. * Not Supported: o The USB streaming feature is not supported with the Windows Vista operating system. o The Windows Vista Starter edition is not supported. * View Detailed Windows Vista compatibility information.
* Drivers: o The drivers needed to connect your Sony camcorder to a computer and transfer files are already included in the operating system. * Not Supported: o The Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit operating system is not supported. o The Windows XP Starter edition is not supported.
You need to have a Windows operating system later than Windows 98 Second Edition or a Mac with an OS later than 9. The driver for your camera is include with all later operating systems. Canon does not supply a separate driver for it.
There is software that can be downloaded from: ZR500 Downloads but it will not help without a driver installed.
Hook up camera let windows say find new hardware. FOllow the prompts. Acording to Sony Xp has the driver already unless it is a 64 bit. See Below:
The drivers needed to connect most Sony® cameras and camcorders to a computer are already included in the Windows Vista and Windows XP operating systems. With these drivers, you should be able to connect and transfer files to a computer. Note: If the your camera or camcorder is not recognized by the computer when connected, you may need an updated driver.
The ZR500 has a firewire port that is best for tranferring video to your pc, so a firewire cable would be needed -- and you would need a firewire card in your pc to accept it. It might also have a USB port (don't have it in front of me right now). I've never used USB to transfer video, but I think it would work fine.