Question about PNY 4GB microSD High Capacity Mobile Media Kit
Solution overview: You need to "clean" the SD card by using the clean command in Diskpart and then format the card in Disk Management. This solution will show you how to accomplish this.
1. Plug the SD Card into the computer.
2. Press Win+R to open the Run command.
3. Type "cmd" into the dialog box and press enter to open a command prompt.
4. Type "Diskpart" into the command line of the command prompt to start Diskpart. Wait for Diskpart to load.
5. Type "List Disk" and press enter.
6. Take note of the number of the disk that's associated with your SD card.
7. Type "Select Disk X" where X = the number of the disk that's associated with your SD card and press enter. Make sure the command prompt reports that Disk X is selected.
8. Type "Clean" or "Clean all" and press enter. Clean will be faster but might not solve your problem. If using the clean command doesn't solve your problem, then repeat steps 1-8 and type "Clean all".
9. Wait for Diskpart to complete the cleaning operation - this may take some time so wait until it's completed!
10. Close command prompt.
11. Press Win+R to open the Run command.
12. Type "DISKMGMT.MSC" into the dialog box and press enter. Wait for Disk Manager to load.
13. In Disk Manager, scroll down and select the SD Card.
14. Right click and select "New Simple Volume".
15. Select Next, Assign Drive Letter, and select "Next" again.
16. Select "FAT32" for File System and "Default" for Allocation Unit Size. Fill in whatever you want for the Volume Label. Make sure "Perform quick format" is checked and click OK.
17. Wait for formatting to complete and remove SD card from computer.
18. Plug SD card into camera to see if the problem is solved.
Good luck and thanks for using FixYa. Post back if you have any questions or problems.
Posted on Mar 23, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2012 | Samsung BL103 Digital Camera
Mar 09, 2008 | Olympus Stylus 740 Digital Camera
Feb 28, 2008 | Cameras
Apr 15, 2011 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Aug 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 27, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare M530 Digital Camera
Apr 22, 2010 | Samsung NV3 Digital Camera
Apr 02, 2010 | Fisher Price J8209 Digital Camera
181 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: