Question about HP Compaq 6515b Notebook
I had to fix this problem a couple years ago, it's common on Compaq's. The only way to fix it is to short out the CMOS battery on the motherboard. Doing this voids your warranty, so if you wish to follow that course I cannot tell you exactly where to go, but google's your friend. The other option you have is to call Compaq and open a ticket with tech support. If your laptop is still under warranty, you may even get a new computer.
Posted on Mar 23, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2013 | Lenovo Essential G470 Core I5-2410m 4gb Rm...
In Ubuntu 9.04 click on the main icon and select Restart.
- If Ubuntu is the only operating system on your computer you'll need to tap the ESC key as the system boots.
- If you have a dual boot or multiple-boot system the menu should appear on its own.
- At the root level you'll get a boot menu. Select the one that says "recovery mode" and press Enter.
- Ubuntu continues to load until you reach the Recovery Menu.
- Arrow down to "
" which states Drop to root shell prompt with networking and press Enter.
- Now, at the root type "
" (where username is the account whose password you want to change) and press Enter.
- You'll be prompted to
enter a new password
- You will not see the password or any evidence that you are typing.
- Retype the password. If both passwords match you'll have successfully reset your password.
- Press Enter to continue booting into Ubuntu.
hope it helps
May 30, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Oct 02, 2011 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Oct 07, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 04, 2010 | Intel Server Board SE7501BR2 Motherboard
Dec 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 20, 2009 | Canonical Ltd. Ubuntu
Sep 11, 2009 | Canonical Ltd. Ubuntu
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: