I've noticed recently my receiver/amp is getting very hot...even though the volume is kept low...i opened it up and the power supply is hot enough that i can't hold my hand on it for more than a second. Is this normal or what is the problem..i know that power supplies do wear out as the coil insulation degrades.
It seems the amplifier of your receiver is wearing out or the power.If the output of your amp usually short circuits you should conclude so.if not you should recheck the power supply whether it has a "slow short circuit" especially on the ceramics. In the meantime install a fan for cooling.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When I first bought this I noticed that it runs very hot even on low volume levels. I took it in for repair and told the tech that the fan didn't come on even when hot. He said "works as designed - the fan is output-power-driven, not temperature driven."
Wishing to prolong the life of ma SA-DA8, I used an old computer power supply and muffin fan. Plugged the PS into the controlled AC output of the amp, and the fan into the PS. Jumpered the "power-on" pins of the PS. Laid the fan on top of the amp, padded with some foam tape, and it now stays a lot cooler (and the fan is very quiet, though not silent.)
hello, this problem can be solve by opening the receiver and check for dry soldering on the audio section of the printed circuit board, resolder if found any. Also check for electrolyte capacitor if they are faulty by using an ohmmeter to read the faulty. Good luck.....
Ahh technics. Technics always had overheating problems, trust me. Every since they started, their amps would get so hot they would hurt to touch. The reason the fan is not coming on seams to be something inside the circuit board. I'm sure that technics could fix this. If the fan works out of the receiver, then it must not be the fan. ;P
I would maybe get a computer fan, and just put it on top of the receiver and turn it on, or send it in for fixing. Also, do you have to crank the volume to get the speakers to play at your volume, and does the impeadence match the receiver. Because you may be pushing the receiver too hard.
I have a technics too, and faced the same problem. The solution is very simple just ensure the +ve and -ve wires are connected correctly for each speaker to the amp. Eg. red wire to the red knob and black wire to the black on both ends. sometimes this arises because the wires are of just one color however there will be some marking on the wire to indicate which is +ve and -ve. This took care of the overload problem.
overload, usually means that is overloaded.
i've had the receiver for about 4 or 5 years now and never had problems with it. It was sitting ontop on my tv for those 4 or 5 years, and i haver noticed it untill just recently, (when i bought a new tv and i had to get a stand for it, and i had to stick the receiver in it)that is runs very hot, very quickly;
Maybe that is the problem you are having now, that the thins is older and maight be able to handle it as it id b4. Maybe you made some changes to your set up: new speakers, etc.