Question about RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

No Power I turned the set on and it instantly went off with a burning smell. I unplugged the set and re-powered it. When I did the outlet sparked and the set still had a burning smell.

Posted by on

  • tia_gore Sep 08, 2008

    i pluged mines up and soon as i did that it pop and then had the burning smell

×

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 230 Answers

Ok, easy !!!.( take it out the box ) Look, in the front part of the box TV ( under convergence panel controls) you will see a little black box, we call high voltages splitter ( 5 red wires go to pictures tubes and screen focus box). Replaced it. Am suggested inspected for possible leak coolant, just for be sure noy leak coolant projection and prevent future problems. I hope this help you, Thank you !!!

Posted on Aug 13, 2008

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Sony ke-32ts2u plasma tv went bang, blueish flash, turned off, then back on.. I smelled burning, so unplugged immediately, and went looking for obvious signs of something fried or melted. No sign, so I...


I doubt there is an easy fix but your situation suggest that you have a bad ground on that outlet and a short in the tv tried to go to ground through your cable itself. Plug in an "outlet analyzer" to both outlets. They are under $10US at supply stores such as Lowes and Home Depot. Through a combination of lights, it will report the status of the outlet

What you described is a failure in the power supply circuits for your display. You would need a wiring diagram and expertise. internal exchangeable fuses are rare anymore. They are usually a set of diodes which must be desoldered.

Sep 17, 2017 | Sony WEGA KE-32TS2 32 in. HD-Ready Plasma...

1 Answer

The tv smells like a burning wire


Can you describe where the odor is coming from. Is it coming out from the side panels on the tv set itself, or perhaps the plug, on end of the main power wire. Check around the electrical outlet. Make sure nothing else is plugged into the same outlet. It sounds as if some of the electrical components on the circuit board are burnt or burning out. Tv may have experienced a power surge, etc. Check also if the power plug is heating up. Be careful and smell around top side vents on tv. Be sure and unplug the set before leaving it unattended if you cannot locate the source of the "burning wire smell."

Jan 22, 2011 | Polaroid TDA-03211C 32 in. LCD HDTV

1 Answer

Netgear wireless router has no lights after power outage. Actually, the circuit breaker switch for the room the router is in, was accidentally flipped. The power light will not even come on. The device has...


On the router, you will see some sort of ventilation for the air to pass try smelling from there and if you smell anything the smells like burnt plastic or rubber then the device itself is burned from inside because of the power outage, however, this is extremely rare case scenario I doubt it will burn like that so easily, and do perform the same step on the power source adapter of the router because in many cases it is the power source that gets burn and not the device.
After that perform some troubleshooting steps check if the power chord connected to the router is properly connected also please check the power outlet with other electronic devices to see if the outlet is working.
I am not sure but I am assuming that it is the power adapter that got damage and not the router. Let me know if any issues.

Aug 27, 2017 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...

1 Answer

When turned on caused, caused a pop at the outlet and don't know if the if the power cord went bad or short somewhere else in the sustem. what do i do and how


Hi, that pop sound you heard at the outlet simply implies that the fuse blew off. What you just need to do is too replace the fuse and if the power cord is having a burn smell, then i will also advise you to change the power cord..

Take care

Apr 03, 2010 | Kenmore 23313 Whispertone Bagged Canister...

1 Answer

35 inch Sony Trinitron, worked great, then went off w/o warning.


Most of the time the Horizontal circuit fails and by design the Power Supply will also fail.
The smell was one or more components burning
or over heating.
There is a good chance it will be a costly repair.
Hope this helps,
Skyassoc

Jul 05, 2009 | Sony KV-32S26 32" TV

1 Answer

HCJ552W 55' samsung rear project....won't turn on


dear friend you have a power supply problem, get one of those cheap meters and open the set, look for a blown fuse, if they are ok wich i doubt, you have to call the repairman.

good luck


caypianan@yahoo.com

Oct 23, 2008 | Samsung HCJ552W 55" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

Burning Smell


sounds like the motor is fried or seized up, which would explain that smell.

Feb 17, 2008 | Refrigerators

3 Answers

27 inch Panasonic TAU tv won't turn on, then sparks when you unplug and replug it in


You first need to rplace the outlet if it sparks where the surge protector is plugged in as it should not spark for any reason. then you need to make sure thast its not the outlet causing your problem by running an long extensition corn or moving the set to a differant outlet.

Sep 11, 2006 | Panasonic CT-32G11 32" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

65 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74459 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...