Question about Computers & Internet
Glad to help YOU!
First thing first - restart your computer!
On first screen that will appear hold down F8, A black screen with white written indications will pop up and there select SAFE MODE by using the arrows.
Once that is done you have to login as ADMINISTRATOR without using a password; hit ENTER when done.
This procedure will get your computer into the SAFE MODE running and once there you go START > CONTROL PANEL > USER NAMES AND PASSWORDS and there change your password by choosing a new one. Once you're done WRITE DOWN YOUR NEW PASSWORD!
Posted on Mar 23, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2017 | Dell Computers & Internet
Nov 29, 2016 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jun 08, 2016 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Feb 11, 2016 | Gateway M320X Notebook
1. Reinstall laptop with Windows installation CD
Maybe it is the first method we can think of. But this method is a little dangerous, because if you reset laptop with Windows installation CD, all the data on your laptop would be lost. You had better use it without any other methods but it.
2. Unlock Dell Laptop with Password Reset Disk
Password reset disk is an asset. Only you have created one before laptop locked, you can use it to reset forgotten laptop password.
3. Restore Dell Laptop to Factory Settings
Certainly it can help you, but it would take your laptop to the original settings. You would lose all the other data produced from the first time you use laptop.
4. Unlock Dell laptop with third-party software
Free third-party software is available, while I recommend you the newest Windows password recovery tool - Windows Password Genius. Why? For example, the free software Ophcrack only can be reset Windows password not longer than 12 characters. And just as we know, new things will be more advanced than the old things generally. So the newest Windows password recovery software makes progress in function and user experience. Just in order to provide user-friendly interface and more perfect function, it has been modified many times. Now, let's see how it reset Windows forgotten password.
Step 1: Windows Password Genius download and installation.
(1) Prepare an accessible computer and blank USB drive.
(2) Download Windows Password Genius on the computer and install it following wizard.
Step 2: Password Reset Disk Creation.
(1) Run the software and plug USB drive into available computer.
(2) Make sure you choose the right USB device from the drop-down box.
(3) Click "Begin burning" and wait for reset disk burning completely and successfully.
Step 3: Unlock laptop with password reset disk.
(1) Plug USB device into locked HP laptop
(2) Press F2 to enter BIOS when power on Dell laptop, and then press ALT + PageDown to enter next page, you will see the boot priority option.
(3) Modify the USB device as the first boot option, save the changes and exit.
(4) Dell boot from USB drive with password reset disk, and laptop starts with WinPE systems. Windows password recovery program runs automatically.
(5) Select the account to Reset Password and Reboot Dell laptop.
Windows 7 Forgotten Admin Password Reset
Oct 28, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Sep 10, 2012 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Jun 04, 2012 | ASUS Eee PC 2G Surf Notebook
Sep 18, 2011 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP Mini 1103030NR Netbook
Jan 02, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000 dv6100 dv6200 dv6300...
Jun 23, 2009 | Computers & Internet
326 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!