Question about Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: DVD PLayer Region Unlock
you could try the following
1. Turn on the unit
2. Open the loading tray
3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote
4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key
5. Enter 138931
6. You will now see the current region code displayed
7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all
8. Press the "Play" button on the remote
this should unlock it to all regions .
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
1) Go to the Preference page in the Setup menu
2) Press 1 3 8 9 3 1 on the keypad of the RC. I had to hold each number down for 2 or 3 seconds.
3) Options will be available to be selected. Select 0 using up/down on remote.
4) Player is now region free.
Posted on Aug 31, 2008
1) Open the tray
2) Press SETUP on the remote.
3) Navigate to PREFERENCE menu
4) Go to PBC
5) Get in inside PBC menu so that ON is highlighted with yellow color
6) Key in 138931 and a menu will appear asking you to select region code.
7) Select REGION 0.
Posted on Sep 09, 2008
To check the software version and change
region code of your DVD Portable
1. Power ON the DVD player and open the DVD
2. Press the “SETUP” button on remote control,
then select the “Preference MENU”
3. Press the remote button in the sequence as
9 -> 6 -> 5 -> 3
4. The LCD display showed the existing region
code. Press (navigation up) or
(navigation down) repeatedly to select the
number from 0 to 6.
5. Refer below table for your region code setting
4=Australia, New Zealand
Select “0” setting = Region Free (confidential)
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
1. Press the Setup button on your remote control
2. Using your remote control, highlight but do not
select the Preferences menu
3. Press the 1 button on your remote control
4. Press the 3 button on your remote control
5. Press the 8 button on your remote control
6. Press the 9 button on your remote control
7. Press the 3 button on your remote control
8. Press the 1 button on your remote control
9. Using the Up and Down buttons on your remote
control select 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or
0 for multi-region playback
10. Press the OK button on your remote control
11. Press the Setup button on your remote control
Posted on Aug 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 20, 2012 | Philips Televison & Video
Jul 23, 2011 | Philips DVP-3005 DVD Player
Oct 06, 2009 | Philips DVP-3005 DVD Player
Sep 13, 2008 | Philips DVP5140 DVD Player
Apr 14, 2008 | Sony DVP-PQ2 Portable DVD
408 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!