The service mode provides service personnel the
ability to verify the operation of the washing machine.
The service mode can be entered in the middle of
any wash cycle. While in the service mode, the
servicer can start a variety of special service tests.
Accessing Service Mode:
Pressing down the delicates and heavy soil keys for
3 seconds places the machine in the service mode.
Motor speed will be displayed when started. To exit
Service Mode, press delicates and heavy soil keys
for 3 seconds again.
December 2004 4 16025861
©2004 Maytag Services
Presoak End of Presoak
Wash Every 5 Minutes of
Spin/Drain Every Step of The
Rinse End of Rinse
Speed Range Displayed
a) 0-99 rpm 0-99 (actual)
b) 100-999 rpm Speed / 10
Quick Service Cycle
While in service mode, pressing the delicates key
will start a quick service cycle. This will be a quick
check of all systems.
The following steps will be followed.
1. Energize the cold and bleach water valves. Fill to
Low level, then turn bleach and cold off.
2. Energize the hot and fabric softener water valves. Fill
to high level, then turn all valves off.
3. Lock the door.
4. Tumble using 7/3 tumble pattern for 12 sec.
5. Turn the drain on.
6. Spin to 800 RPM using default rates.
7. End spin and coast down.
8. Unlock the door when the RPM is zero.
9. Display a ‘PA’ (Passed) on continuously for 10 seconds
if no diagnostic codes were logged during this
The up arrow if pressed will advance to the next step.
The right most dot will be turned on as an indication
of failure and stay on until quick service cycle test
has reached the end. Any diagnostic code logged
during this test will result in failure of the test, but will
not necessarily stop the test. While in quick service
cycle, the pressing of the hand wash will suspend
the machine at this step for 30 minutes until the
Hand Wash key is pressed again. All LED’s will
flash on and off while the cycle is suspended, or on
Motor Drive System
To check the system, check the board for proper
output to the motor control. Performing a board
output test does this. Then perform the Motor
Control Board Output Test.
Motor Control Board Output Test
1. Disconnect power to the washer.
2. Remove the front panel and pull the JP4 Connector
from the motor control board.
The following Quick Spin test steps are as follows:
1) Lock the door.
2) Spin to 350 rpm and hold for 6 seconds.
3) Spin to 550 rpm and hold for 6 seconds.
4) Spin to 600 rpm and hold for 6 seconds.
5) Spin to 650 rpm and hold for 6 seconds.
6) Spin to 800 rpm and hold for 6 seconds.
If the Spin key is pressed again during the Quick Spin
test, the current speed will be held indefinitely. Pressing
the Spin key again will allow the quick test to
proceed as listed above.
When the washer is in the Service Mode, the speed
will be displayed as a two digit number or a letter/
Quick Spin Test
While in service mode, the pressing of spin key shall
start the washer in the quick spin mode.
3. Reconnect the washer power cord to supply
voltage. Make sure the door is closed.
4. Press delicates and heavy soil keys for 3 seconds
to activate Service Mode.
Jan 23, 2008 |
Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer