Question about GE Microwave Ovens
There is a fan connected to a motor, it is above the oven compartment usually, sometimes in the back, its purpose is toe distribute the microwaves and to cool the chamber. Your motor is stuck and the burning smell is the motor windings melting and burning. In order to fix this you need to take the oven apart and access the fan. You may be able to turn the blades of the fan when you get to it, and get it to go again, but it may be past that point already. If this is a cheap (less than 80 dollar US) oven, just replace it, or if its new and under warranty try to get a replacement, either from the store where you bought it, or contact the manufacturer and find out what they might do for you.
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jun 12, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 31, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Dec 10, 2009 | Sharp R-530ES Microwave Oven
Aug 17, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 18, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Feb 06, 2008 | Whirlpool GH8155XJ Microwave Oven
Jul 31, 2007 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven
384 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!